Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (20)
What does AR 600-20 cover?
Army Command Policy
What AR covers Army Command Policy?
What does AR 600-20 cover?
the policies and responsibilities of command
What is Command?
Command is exercised by virtue of office and the special assignment of members of the United States Armed Forces holding military grade who are eligible to exercise command
What is a Commander?
A commissioned or WO who, by virtue of grade and assignment, exercises command authority over an organization or territorial area that is recognized as a "command"
Can a Civilian exercise Command?
What is the extent that a Civilian can exercise Supervision?
A civilian may be designated to exercise general supervision over an Army installation or activity
What are the key elements of command?
Authority and Responsibility
Where is Formal authority for command derived?
Policies, Procedures, and Precedents
Who is responsible for establishing leadership climate of the unit and developing disciplined and cohesive units?
How do Leaders earn the loyalty of their Soldiers?
leaders must show loyalty to their Soldiers, the Army, and the nation
How do Leaders develop a positive Command Climate?
If leaders consider their Soldiers' needs and care for their Well-being, and have genuine concern for their Soldiers, they will build a positive Command Climate
What is Duty?
obedient and disciplined performance
How will Soldiers with a sense of duty perform?
Soldiers will accomplish tasks, self-improve, and accept responsibility
What is Demonstrated integrity the basis of?
dependable, consistent information, decision making, and delegation of authority
How will Professionally competent leaders develop respect for their authority?
1. Striving to develop, maintain, and use the full range of human potential in their organization
2. Giving troops constructive information on the need and purpose of military discipline
3. training their Soldiers and ensuring that Soldiers and equipment are at proper state of readiness at all times
4. Requirement of Exemplary Conduct
What are All commanding officers and others in authority in the Army required to display?
1. To show they are the example of virtue, honor, patriotism, and subordination.
2. To be vigilant in inspecting the conduct of anyone under their command.
3. To guard against and suppress all dissolute and immoral practices, and to correct all soldiers guilty of them.
4. To take all necessary and proper measures
5. To promote and safeguard the morale, the physical Well-being, and the general welfare of soldiers under their command
How is Military rank among officers of the same grade or of equivalent grade determined?
by comparing dates of rank
What confers eligibility to exercise command or authority in the U.S. military?
Grade and precedence of rank
What is an example of a Leader exercising Authority by precedence of rank?
a SGT making an on the spot correction of a Soldier that is not in their unit.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Chain of Command/NCO Support Channel (AR 600-20/FM…
Army command policy ar 600-20
USN Responsiblity, Authority & Accountability
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Army Leadership ADP 6-22
Army Emergency Relief (AER)