5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Party newspaper
- Northwest Ordinance of 1787
- a Group of individuals who share the same specific political agenda.
- b A business entity created to monopolize and dominate a market.
- c Journal used by a political party for disseminating party information to and encouraging more active participation among the grass roots voters.
- d Called for governmental development of the west based on creating self-governing republics that would be systematically added to the Union.
- e Political group for the ratification of the Constitution.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Confederate general and commander of the Army of Northern Virginia during the Civil War. After surrendering at Appomattox, urged reconciliation with the North.
- Idea that power is created by and subject to the will of the people, basis for Madison's proportional representation in Congress and a justification by the South for the continuance of slavery.
- Aspect of party politics in which groups o political party members would gather together in order to have more solidarity and support.
- VA representative at the Constitutional Convention, refused to sign the Constitution because it did not contain a declaration of rights.
- Primary framer of Constitution, proposed 3/5 Compromise, also key in PA's ratification of Constitution.
5 True/False questions
Benjamin Franklin → One of most well-known Founders, leading printer, scientist, inventor, ad diplomat. Helped secure France as an ally during Revolutionary War.
14th Amendment → Abolished slavery in the US.
John Bell → Founding Father and proponent of a bicameral legislature. Adams served as 2nd President.
Woodrow Wilson → 28th President. Helped frame the Treaty of Versailles ending WWI and proposed Fourteen Points that included the formation of the League of Nations.
Land Ordinance of 1785 → Called for systematic survey of the Northwest Territory and division into mile-square plots and organization into townships.