5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Land Ordinance of 1785
- The Great Compromise
- a Political group for the ratification of the Constitution.
- b Promoting one's town or city, sometimes in an excessive or exaggerated manner, in order to increase both its quality and its public perception.
- c Called for systematic survey of the Northwest Territory and division into mile-square plots and organization into townships.
- d Dividing power between the national and state governments.
- e Proposed by Roger Sherman, brought together the New Jersey and Virginia Plans by having the upper congressional house equal representation and lower house proportional representation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Confederate general and commander of the Army of Northern Virginia during the Civil War. After surrendering at Appomattox, urged reconciliation with the North.
- Bridging the separation of powers between branches of government by placing part of each power within two separate branches.
- Union General who failed to press his advantage at the Battle of Antietam, and was later relieved of his command by President Lincoln.
- "Government of the people, by the people, for the people."
- Plan presented during Constitutional Convention in which each state would have proportional representation in Congress.
5 True/False questions
Gibbons v. Ogden → Confederate general and commander of the Army of Northern Virginia during the Civil War. After surrendering at Appomattox, urged reconciliation with the North.
Anti-federalists → Against ratifying Constitution.
14th Amendment → Defined citizenship and overturned 3/5 compromise for slaves when determining representation, repudiated Confederate debts, and prohibited Confederate leaders from holding public office.
John Quincy Adams → 6th President. Known for formulating the Monroe Doctrine.
Gouverneur Morris → PA representative at the Constitutional Convention, Morris credited with authoring large sections of the Constitution, including the Preamble.