5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gibbons v. Ogden
- Roger B. Taney
- Public togetherness
- The Federalist
- William Paterson
- a 5th Chief Justice. Ruled that Missouri Compromise was unconstitutional.
- b Aspect of party politics in which groups o political party members would gather together in order to have more solidarity and support.
- c Supreme Court case in which power of federal government expanded by broad interpretation of the commerce cause.
- d Series of essays published in NY newspapers under the pseudonym Publius for the express purpose of gaining support for ratification of Constitution. Written by Madison, Hamilton, and Jay
- e NJ representative at Cons. Conv. who presented New Jersey Plan.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 32nd President. Served four terms, only U.S. President to serve more than two terms. Exuberant public personality helped bolster nation's confidence as struggled through the Depression.
- Natural rights that proclaim the way things should be.
- Midnight Appointment by John Adams, sued Secretary of State Madison for delivery of commission, being withheld by order of President Jefferson.
- 28th President. Helped frame the Treaty of Versailles ending WWI and proposed Fourteen Points that included the formation of the League of Nations.
- Senator from KY and 14th VP of US, ran against Lincoln, Bell, and Douglas on extreme pro-slavery platform.
5 True/False questions
John Brown → Wealthy slaveowner from Tennessee who served in both the House and the Senate, Bell ran for U.S. President against Lincoln, Breckinridge, and Douglas with Constitutional Union Party on moderate pro-slavery platform.
Andrew Jackson → 7th President. championed US as a democracy pushing for more political involvement by the common man. Also vetoed the US Bank's charter and made other reforms to keep the federal government small.
Napoleon Bonaparte → Political part that stems from the controversy over slaver. Was dedicated to keeping future territories and states free from slavery.
Democratic Revolution → Power of Supreme Court to rule constitutionality of laws.
Missouri Compromise → 1820 agreement between slavery and anti-slavery factions in the US that regulated slavery in western territories, prohibiting slavery above the border of Arkansas and permitting it south of that border.