5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marbury v. Madison
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- Lame duck
- Gouverneur Morris
- Party newspaper
- a PA representative at the Constitutional Convention, Morris credited with authoring large sections of the Constitution, including the Preamble.
- b Time between election of a new political official and when they take office. Refers to outgoing officials lack of power.
- c Journal used by a political party for disseminating party information to and encouraging more active participation among the grass roots voters.
- d Supreme court case in which judicial review established.
- e French Emperor and European conqueror who sold France's North American holdings to the US as the Louisiana Purchase.
5 Multiple choice questions
- VA representative at the Constitutional Convention, refused to sign the Constitution because it did not contain a declaration of rights.
- Judiciary appointments made by John Adams in response to Democratic Republican victory in Congress and Presidency.
- Alliance of southern states that seceded from the union over slavery.
- Political group for the ratification of the Constitution.
- Wealthy slaveowner from Tennessee who served in both the House and the Senate, Bell ran for U.S. President against Lincoln, Breckinridge, and Douglas with Constitutional Union Party on moderate pro-slavery platform.
5 True/False questions
John Brown → Wealthy slaveowner from Tennessee who served in both the House and the Senate, Bell ran for U.S. President against Lincoln, Breckinridge, and Douglas with Constitutional Union Party on moderate pro-slavery platform.
William Marbury → Midnight Appointment by John Adams, sued Secretary of State Madison for delivery of commission, being withheld by order of President Jefferson.
Judicial activism → Power of Supreme Court to rule constitutionality of laws.
Separation of powers → Dividing powers of government between the three branches.
Woodrow Wilson → 28th President. Helped frame the Treaty of Versailles ending WWI and proposed Fourteen Points that included the formation of the League of Nations.