5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a requirement that fugitive slaves be returned from Canada
- supported the Confederacy
- the defeat caused northerners to face up to the reality of a long, difficult war
- a Fugitive slave law included all of the following except
- b the union's defeat in battle at bull run in 1861 was better than a victory because
- c Arrange the following events in chronological order: (A) great Puritan migration, (B) founding of Plymouth colony, (C) Protestant Reformation, (D) founding of Rhode Island
- d During the Civil war, most of the 5 civilized tribes in the Indian territory
- e the greatest weakness of the south during the civil war was its
5 Multiple choice questions
- After 1680, reliance of slave labor in colonial America rapidly increased because...
- The Revolutionary War began with fighting in ____; then in 1777-1778, fighting was concentrated in ____; and the fighting concluded in ____.
- The battle of Gettysburg was significant because
- When the Tallmadge Amendment was passed, the South thought that the amendment...
- The resolutions from the Hartford Convention
5 True/False questions
declare an act of Congress unconstitutional → The immediate reason for Bacon's Rebellion was...
its military alliance, sustained by political and organizational skills → The Iroquois Confederacy was able to menace its Native American and European neighbors because of...
the enforce separation of slave families → Perhaps the slaves greatest psychological horror, and the theme of Uncle Tom's Cabin, was...
Nathanael Greene → commanded Patriot troops in the South
probably worse than before the war → The economic status of the average American at the end of the Revolutionary War was