Create an account
1. If you can afford it, the best practice is to purchase one machine for one purchase, instead of bundling many functions into a single machine.
2. The last four steps of the laser printing process use the printer components that undergo the most wear.
3. Routine printer maintenance procedures are generally the same from manufacturer to manufacturer and printer to printer.
5. If loose toner comes out with your printout, the fuser is not reaching the proper temperature and professional service is required.
6. _____ printers work by placing toner on an electrically charged rotating drum and then depositing the toner on paper as the paper moves through the system at the same speed the drum is turning.
7. _____ printers tend to smudge on inexpensive paper, and they are slower than laser printers.
8. _____ printers use wax-based ink that is heated by heat pins that melt the ink onto paper. The print head containing these heat pins is a wide as the paper.
9. A _____ printer connects directly to a computer by way of a USB port, parallel port, serial port, wireless connection (Bluetooth, infrared, or Wi-Fi), IEEE 1394 (FireWire) port, SCSI port, PC Card, or ExpressCard.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together