5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ten commandments
- a The set of Rules that God sent down to Moses to tell how his people should live
- b a book of the Old Testament that tells the story of Ruth who was not an Israelite but who married an Israelite and who stayed with her mother-in-law Naomi after her husband died; judge
- c judge and prophet of the old testament; started a war against the Canaanites
- d great prophet who challenged the prophets of baal, goes to Mount Sinai and sees God as wind. leaves in a fire chariot and gives a double portion of his spirit to Elisha
- e the canaanite god of fertility, associated with storms and rain. He was the most prominent of the Canaanite gods and the one most often worshipped by the Israelites.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the second book of the Old Testament: tells of the departure of the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt led by Moses
- prophet, almond tree, boiling pot. he was persecuted for God's sake.
- city know for its wealth, grandeur, and wickedness; citizens of jerusalem were taken there in exile
- when one spouse has sexual relations with someone outside of the marriage
- might better be called the book of deliverers
5 True/False questions
Mosaic Law → (Old Testament) Hebrew prophet and judge who anointed Saul as king. also anointed david
Rahab → A Canaanite woman of Jericho who helped the Israelite spies escape, non-hebrew hebrew hero
Gomer → Wife of Hosea / Known for her unfaithfulness
bible → the canaanite god of fertility, associated with storms and rain. He was the most prominent of the Canaanite gods and the one most often worshipped by the Israelites.
problem of Greek domination in Judea → at times Greek rulers punished Jews for practicing their religion. The Greek lifestyles and philosophy lured many Jews away from their own traditions and faith