5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a first king of Israel, bad king. offended God by breaking the Ban. made a pre-battle sacrifice
- b city know for its wealth, grandeur, and wickedness; citizens of jerusalem were taken there in exile
- c Israel's sixth military leader; defeated a vastly superior enemy army with just 300 chosen men. 1 lantern = 10 men so he gave all his men lanterns and the other place fled
- d an Old Testament book telling of a rabbi's efforts in the 5th century BC to reconstitute Jewish law and worship in Jerusalem after the Babylonian Captivity, recommitting the law
- e The Hebrew prophet who led the Israelites from Egypt across the Red sea on a journey known as the Exodus. Became a midianite after killing an Egyptian. Was called to by god to save his people. Gave the 10 plagues.
5 Multiple choice questions
- People who lived in the area of israel called Samaria. The Samaritans came from Jews who married non-Jews.
- Wife of Hosea / Known for her unfaithfulness
- Can be thought of as a handbook of instructions for Israel's worship. book of laws, third book of the Pentateuch
- has stirred up controversy among believers, both Christian and Jewish. focuses on the story of Adam and Eve.
- found in leviticus chapter 17-26.
5 True/False questions
Israel → Abraham's son by Hagar, Sarah's servant. The founder of the Arab tribes
Books of Joshua, Judges, and Ruth → tells stories about the beginning of the Israelites' life in the Promised Land
Nehemiah → an Old Testament book telling how a Jewish official at the court of Artaxerxes I in 444 BC became a leader in rebuilding Jeruslaem after the Babylonian Captivity. important because the walls symbolized the outlines of Judaism's identity, and the walls provided a sense of security to Jerusalem's inhabitants
Ban → "devotion to God for destruction"
sabbath → third commandment. rest on this day