5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nonwriting Prophet
- a the second book of the Old Testament: tells of the departure of the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt led by Moses
- b A Canaanite woman of Jericho who helped the Israelite spies escape, non-hebrew hebrew hero
- c prophet, almond tree, boiling pot. he was persecuted for God's sake.
- d Nonwriting prophets do not have their own books. Tales about them were probably collected and passed along by their disciples. Among the nonwriting prophets are Samuel, Nathan, Elijah, and Elisha.
- e judge who got his strength from his hair. killed one thousand men with a jaw bone of an ass. pulled down the pillars to kill philistiens and killed himself. mother= nazerite
5 Multiple choice questions
- the time period of _______ and the earliest stories of humankind appearing in the old testament fall into the category of prehistory.
- The Books of Samuel and the beginning of the First Book of Kings tells stories of...
- no other god but god
- at times Greek rulers punished Jews for practicing their religion. The Greek lifestyles and philosophy lured many Jews away from their own traditions and faith
- Moses' successor who led the Israelites into the Promised Land
5 True/False questions
Saul → first king of Israel, bad king. offended God by breaking the Ban. made a pre-battle sacrifice
Deborah → Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau
biblical author → a love letter like no other. the word of God inspired by the holy spirit
Elisha → great prophet who challenged the prophets of baal, goes to Mount Sinai and sees God as wind. leaves in a fire chariot and gives a double portion of his spirit to Elisha
Ezekiel → an Old Testament book containing Ezekiel's prophecies of the downfall of Jerusalem and Judah and their subsequent restoration, warned the Jews in Jerusalem(their last days) from Babylon. symbol making and story telling