5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Books of Joshua, Judges, and Ruth
- creation story
- Saul, David, and Solomon
- a tells stories about the beginning of the Israelites' life in the Promised Land
- b A Canaanite woman of Jericho who helped the Israelite spies escape, non-hebrew hebrew hero
- c a non writing prophet of the northern kingdom, carried on the mission of Elijah and performed many works of wonders and becomes known for his healing power. ex: saved a woman from selling her kids, cures man of leprosy, his dead body brings a dead man back to life
- d The Books of Samuel and the beginning of the First Book of Kings tells stories of...
- e has stirred up controversy among believers, both Christian and Jewish. focuses on the story of Adam and Eve.
5 Multiple choice questions
- an Old Testament book telling how a Jewish official at the court of Artaxerxes I in 444 BC became a leader in rebuilding Jeruslaem after the Babylonian Captivity. important because the walls symbolized the outlines of Judaism's identity, and the walls provided a sense of security to Jerusalem's inhabitants
- Abraham's son by Hagar, Sarah's servant. The founder of the Arab tribes
- might better be called the book of deliverers
- (Old Testament) Moses' successor who led the Israelites into the Promised Land
- passover. death of the 1st born
5 True/False questions
sabbath → "devotion to God for destruction"
rebekah → judge and prophet of the old testament; started a war against the Canaanites
Samson → judge who got his strength from his hair. killed one thousand men with a jaw bone of an ass. pulled down the pillars to kill philistiens and killed himself. mother= nazerite
Isaac → abraham and sarah's son. hagar is expelled because of him because ishmael might threaten his inheritance. abraham is told by god to take him to a mountain and kill him but is saved at the last moment
adultery → when one spouse has sexual relations with someone outside of the marriage