5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Saul, David, and Solomon
- rachel and leah
- a The Books of Samuel and the beginning of the First Book of Kings tells stories of...
- b son of Jacob and Rachel (favorite son); coat of many colors; after years in Egypt, forgave brothers and invited them and Jacob to live with him in Egypt. interpreted dreams of the pharaoh that there was going to be a famine.
- c when one spouse has sexual relations with someone outside of the marriage
- d the canaanite god of fertility, associated with storms and rain. He was the most prominent of the Canaanite gods and the one most often worshipped by the Israelites.
- e wives of jacob. father is laban. fell in love with rachel, but could only marry after he served her family seven years of labor. at the wedding, he was to marry the older, leah. he still wanted to marry rachel so he served seven more years. meanwhile, him and leah had many children.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Moses' successor who led the Israelites into the Promised Land
- first king of Israel, bad king. offended God by breaking the Ban. made a pre-battle sacrifice
- third commandment. rest on this day
- the second book of the Old Testament: tells of the departure of the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt led by Moses
- no other god but god
5 True/False questions
idolatry → the worship of idols
biblical author → the whole collection of laws from Exodus through Deuteronomy
Elijah → a non writing prophet of the northern kingdom, carried on the mission of Elijah and performed many works of wonders and becomes known for his healing power. ex: saved a woman from selling her kids, cures man of leprosy, his dead body brings a dead man back to life
Judges → temporary leaders appointed by God to lead the people of Israel when enemies oppressed them (samson, gideon, deborah, ruth)
bible → 1st=Babylon attacks Jerusalem but does not destroy them. 2nd=587 bc temple is destroyed. Jerusalem is destroyed