5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ten commandments
- Mosaic Law
- a the canaanite god of fertility, associated with storms and rain. He was the most prominent of the Canaanite gods and the one most often worshipped by the Israelites.
- b Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau
- c the second book of the Old Testament: tells of the departure of the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt led by Moses
- d The set of Rules that God sent down to Moses to tell how his people should live
- e the whole collection of laws from Exodus through Deuteronomy
5 Multiple choice questions
- probably part of Josiah's reform movement, composed the book of Deuteronomy, and believed the Exile was inevitable because the people continued to defy god. people who wrote the bible
- Jacob given this new name after wrestling with creature. "one who has contended with divine and human beings."
- (Old Testament) the 2nd king of the Israelites, fought Goliath. Married Michael. Played the lyre. fled to Nob. Saul came and slayed all the priests. Committed adultery with Bathsheeba.
- Abraham's son by Hagar, Sarah's servant. The founder of the Arab tribes
- People who lived in the area of israel called Samaria. The Samaritans came from Jews who married non-Jews.
5 True/False questions
Saul, David, and Solomon → the first man and woman; created from a rib taken from him. Lived in Garden of Eden. god told them not to eat from a tree but they did and got banished. Eve had to experiance cild birth, and adam had to work in the fields. They were also the first humans.
Elijah → great prophet who challenged the prophets of baal, goes to Mount Sinai and sees God as wind. leaves in a fire chariot and gives a double portion of his spirit to Elisha
Ruth → first king of Israel, bad king. offended God by breaking the Ban. made a pre-battle sacrifice
book of genesis → title from census. hebrew journey through the dessert for 30 years, miriam is struck with leprosy for clamming to have equality with moses.
hebrew scriptures → prophet, almond tree, boiling pot. he was persecuted for God's sake.