5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- new testament
- Sea of Reeds
- a the fulfillment of the old testament. cannot be understood with out understanding the old testament. inspired by god
- b the Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain
- c The Hebrew prophet who led the Israelites from Egypt across the Red sea on a journey known as the Exodus. Became a midianite after killing an Egyptian. Was called to by god to save his people. Gave the 10 plagues.
- d An ancient city in Canaan, the first to be captured by the Israelites by marching around the walls
- e crossed by moses and the egyptians. also known as the red sea
5 Multiple choice questions
- city know for its wealth, grandeur, and wickedness; citizens of jerusalem were taken there in exile
- a shepherd, a prophet who is said to roar like a lion. angry and rich and priests for no giving to the poor and keeping all the riches for themselves. visionary prophet
- inspired by god. _____ has permanent value. contains profound teachings, beautiful prayers, and some of the greatest literature ever created. in the ___ we encounter god.
- has stirred up controversy among believers, both Christian and Jewish. focuses on the story of Adam and Eve.
- a book of the Old Testament that tells the story of Ruth who was not an Israelite but who married an Israelite and who stayed with her mother-in-law Naomi after her husband died; judge
5 True/False questions
Books of Joshua, Judges, and Ruth → tells stories about the beginning of the Israelites' life in the Promised Land
Isaac → abraham and sarah's son. hagar is expelled because of him because ishmael might threaten his inheritance. abraham is told by god to take him to a mountain and kill him but is saved at the last moment
David → the canaanite god of fertility, associated with storms and rain. He was the most prominent of the Canaanite gods and the one most often worshipped by the Israelites.
Hosea → fled and killed with a tent stake by Jael
Nehemiah → prophet, almond tree, boiling pot. he was persecuted for God's sake.