5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A reduction in the number of red blood cells and/or quantity of hemoglobin per volume of blood below normal values.
- Fatty tissue; connective tissue made up of fat cells.
- A condition, such as asthma, bronchitis, or emphysema, in which there is chronic obstruction of air flow.
- Activities of Daily Living
- A steroid hormone secreted by the adrenal cortex with a wide range of biological effects.
- a Anemic
- b Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- c ADL
- d Adipose tissue
- e Dehydroepiandrosterone
5 Multiple choice questions
- Coronary atherosclerotic disease
5 True/False questions
The pressure exerted by the blood on the walls of the arteries; measured inmillimeters of mercury (mmHg) with a sphygmomanometer. → Bone formation
The body's preferred energy source. Dietary sources include sugars (simple) and grains, rice, potatoes, and beans (complex). Carbohydrate is stored as glycogen in the muscles and liver and is transported in the blood as glucose. → Carbohydrate
A method of resistance training wherein the exerciser lifts as many repetitions as possible until muscle fatigue sets in, then decreases the weight load and continues to lift as many repetitions as possible of the same exercise. → Eccentric
As substance that can cause an allergic reaction to stimulating type-1 hypersensitivity in atopic individuals. → Allergen
An age-related, progressive disease characterized by death of nerve cells in the brain leading to loss of cognitive function; the cause of the nerve cell death is unknown. → Alzheimer's disease