5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Of Plymouth Plantation
- The Scarlet Letter
- The Autobiography: The Declaration of Independence
- a William Bradford
- b A change in normal word order. Especially the placement of a verb before its subject.
- c Edward Taylor
- d Nathaniel Hawthorne
- e Thomas Jefferson
5 Multiple choice questions
- Drawing a comparison in order to show a similarity in some respect.
- Anne Bradstreet
- The reasoning involved in drawing a conclusion or making a logical judgment on the basis of circumstantial evidence and prior conclusions rather than on the basis of direct observation.
- Story of a person's life written by that person.
- The grammatical arrangement of words in sentences.
5 True/False questions
The Autobiography → Edward Taylor
Plain Style → The choices a writer makes; the combination of distinctive features of a literary work.
Counterclaim → Set up a claim in opposition to a previous claim.
Rhetorical Question → A statement that is formulated as a question but that is not supposed to be answered.
The Interesting Narrative of the life of Olaudah Equiano → Mary Rowlandson