5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Implied Metaphor
- A Narrative of the Captivity
- Of Plymouth Plantation
- The Interesting Narrative of the life of Olaudah Equiano
- Sentence Structure
- a William Bradford
- b Implies or suggests the comparison between the two things without stating it directly.
- c Mary Rowlandson
- d The grammatical arrangement of words in sentences.
- e Olaudah Equiano
5 Multiple choice questions
- William Byrd
- Inducement to act by argument or reasoning or entreaty.
- Thomas Paine
- The pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables in a line of poetry.
- Benjamin Franklin
5 True/False questions
Assertion → A change in normal word order. Especially the placement of a verb before its subject.
Huswifery → Believe to be the case.
Figures of Speech → A use of a word that diverges from its usual meaning.
Imagery → The use of language to evoke a picture or a concrete sensation of a person, thing, place, or experience.
Plain Style → Speech or writing that is simple, direct, and unambiguous.