Students also viewed
Suppose the manufacturer of Advil, a common headache remedy, recently developed a new formulation of the drug that is claimed to be more effective. To evaluate the new drug, a sample of 200 current users is asked to try it. After a one-month trial, 180 indicated the new drug was more effective in relieving a headache. At the same time, a sample of 300 current Advil users is given the current drug but told it is the new formulation. From this group, 261 said it was an improvement. At the .05 significance level, can we conclude that the new drug is more effective?
Extreme Climb makes camping fabric that is a mixture of polyester and nylon. Their warehouse has 6000 lots of polyester and 3000 lots of nylon available during the week of June 1 for production of their Peak Performance and Rugged Performance fabrics. A roll of Peak Performance fabric uses 80 lots of polyester and 30 lots of nylon. A roll of Rugged Performance uses 40 lots of polyester and 30 lots of nylon. They make a profit of $90 per roll on the Peak Performance and$150 per roll on the Rugged Performance. How many rolls of each type should they manufacture during this week to maximize profit?
The following selected transactions were completed by Cota Delivery Service during July:
- Received cash from owner as additional investment, .
- Purchased supplies for cash, .
- Paid rent for October, .
- Paid advertising expense, .
- Received cash for providing delivery services, .
- Billed customers for delivery services on account, .
- Paid creditors on account, .
- Received cash from customers on account, .
- Determined that the cost of supplies on hand was and of supplies had been used during the month.
- Paid cash to owner for personal use, . Indicate the effect of each transaction on the accounting equation by listing the numbers identifying the transactions, (1) through (10), in a column, and inserting at the right of each number the appropriate letter from the following list: b. Increase in an asset, increase in a liability.