Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (12)
Fragile X Syndrome (FXS)
Caused by abnormal gene on lower end of long arm of the X chromosome.
Most common cause of hearing impairment in infants
Chronic otitis media (ear infections)
Types of hearing loss
1. Conductive hearing loss
2. Sensorineural hearing loss
3. Mixed conductive-sensorineural loss
4. Central auditory imperception
Most common problem during childhood
Visual impairment classifications
1. Partially sighted (school vision)
2. Legally blind
Types of Visual Impairment (4)
1. Refraction (bending of light rays through lens of eyes)
2. Myopia (light rays fall in front of the retina)
3. Hyperopia (light rays fall behind retina)
4. Strabismus (misalignment of eyes, Ambylopia - lazy eye)
A 4 yo admitted with a severe case of impetigo.
It is important that the nurse follows ______ precautions
A nurse is caring for a child who has cellulitis on the hand. Which actions should the nurse take?
administer oral abx
Most common infectious agents that cause impetigo
Staph and Strep!
Impetigo, treated, when can return to school?
24 hrs after antibiotics started.
primary nocturnal enuresis
bedwetting in a child who has not achieved consistent dryness at night.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Nursing 1451 Normalcy II: Disorders of Sensory Per…
Eye/Vision & Hearing Disorders
patho chapter 14
Sensory Perception Disorders
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Unit 8. Ch 29, 30, 39
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
GI Rapid Review
Adult - SEIZURES/EPILEPSY