5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Aqueous Solution
- Molecular Mass
- a A stable suspension of fine particles in a liquid
- b A solution in which water is the solvent
- c Water-fearing
- d The solid form of water; floats on liquid water due to the expansion and crystallization of its component molecules.
- e The total mass of all the atoms in a given moleculs
5 Multiple choice questions
- The phenomena caused by hydrogen bonding wherein molecules of the same type are held together
- The cooling of the surface of a liquid during evaporation due to the primary vaporization of molecules with higher levels of kinetic energy (heat).
- A sphere of water molecules surrounding individual ions of a salt crystal or charged atoms of a polar molecule in order to dissolve it.
- The energy of motion
5 True/False questions
Adhesion → The clinging of a substance to another; caused by hydrogen bonding
Evaporation/Vaporization → The quantity of heat that 1g of a liquid must absorb in order to be converted from to a gaseous state.
Hydrogen Ion → An individual proton (H+)
Heat → A measure of the total amount of kinetic energy- due to molecular motion- in a body of matter.
Solution → The substance that is dissolved in a solution