5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Molecular Mass
- Aqueous Solution
- a A stable suspension of fine particles in a liquid
- b The negative logarithm of the hydrogen ion concentration
- c A solution in which water is the solvent
- d Water-loving
- e The total mass of all the atoms in a given moleculs
5 Multiple choice questions
- A molecule whose opposite ends posses opposite charges
- The amount of heat that must must be absorbed or lost by a substance in order to change its temperature by 1ºC.
- The quantity of heat that 1g of a liquid must absorb in order to be converted from to a gaseous state.
- A substance that reduces the hydrogen ion concentration of a solution (H+ Acceptor)
5 True/False questions
Buffer → A substance that minimizes changes in the concentrations of H+ and OH- in a solution.
Heat → A measure of the total amount of kinetic energy- due to molecular motion- in a body of matter.
Cohesion → The clinging of a substance to another; caused by hydrogen bonding
Solute → The substance that is dissolved in a solution
Evaporation/Vaporization → The transformation from a liquid to a gas