5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A substance that increases the hydrogen ion concentration of a solution (H+ Donor)
- b The transformation from a liquid to a gas
- c A substance that minimizes changes in the concentrations of H+ and OH- in a solution.
- d The negative logarithm of the hydrogen ion concentration
- e The phenomena caused by hydrogen bonding wherein molecules of the same type are held together
5 Multiple choice questions
- A liquid that is a completely homogenous mixture of two or more substances
- The total mass of all the atoms in a given moleculs
- A stable suspension of fine particles in a liquid
- A measure of the total amount of kinetic energy- due to molecular motion- in a body of matter.
- The dissolving agent of a solution
5 True/False questions
Mol → The solid form of water; floats on liquid water due to the expansion and crystallization of its component molecules.
Ice → A substance that reduces the hydrogen ion concentration of a solution (H+ Acceptor)
Hydrophilic → Water-fearing
Adhesion → The phenomena caused by hydrogen bonding wherein molecules of the same type are held together
Kinetic Energy → The amount of heat required to raise the temperature of 1kg of water by 1ºC (1000 cal)