5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A measure of the total amount of kinetic energy- due to molecular motion- in a body of matter.
- b A liquid that is a completely homogenous mixture of two or more substances
- c The transformation from a liquid to a gas
- d The solid form of water; floats on liquid water due to the expansion and crystallization of its component molecules.
- e The amount of heat required to raise the temperature of 1g of water by 1ºC
5 Multiple choice questions
- The negative logarithm of the hydrogen ion concentration
- The quantity of heat that 1g of a liquid must absorb in order to be converted from to a gaseous state.
- Rain/snow/fog with a pH lower than pH 5.6
- 6.22 x 10^22 units of a substance
- The clinging of a substance to another; caused by hydrogen bonding
5 True/False questions
Hydrophobic → Water-fearing
Base → The solid form of water; floats on liquid water due to the expansion and crystallization of its component molecules.
Polar Molecule → A molecule whose opposite ends posses opposite charges
Hydrogen Ion → A water molecule lacking an individual proton (OH-)
Molecular Mass → The number of moles of solute per liter of solution