5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hydroxide Ion
- Surface Tension
- Hydrogen Ion
- a A substance that increases the hydrogen ion concentration of a solution (H+ Donor)
- b A measure of the capacity of a liquid's surface to resist stretching or breaking.
- c An individual proton (H+)
- d The solid form of water; floats on liquid water due to the expansion and crystallization of its component molecules.
- e A water molecule lacking an individual proton (OH-)
5 Multiple choice questions
- A measurement of the intensity of heat- the average kinetic energy- of a group of molecules
- The number of moles of solute per liter of solution
- A substance that minimizes changes in the concentrations of H+ and OH- in a solution.
- Rain/snow/fog with a pH lower than pH 5.6
- A measure of the total amount of kinetic energy- due to molecular motion- in a body of matter.
5 True/False questions
Molecular Mass → The total mass of all the atoms in a given moleculs
Evaporative Cooling → A sphere of water molecules surrounding individual ions of a salt crystal or charged atoms of a polar molecule in order to dissolve it.
Solute → The substance that is dissolved in a solution
Calorie → The amount of heat required to raise the temperature of 1kg of water by 1ºC (1000 cal)
Heat of Vaporization → The transformation from a liquid to a gas