Wordly Wise 8.9 (no pictures)
Terms in this set (30)
A feeling of agreement or harmony; a formal agreement.
to declare positively.
to pass on to others
a fortress on a hill; a stronghold
to grant or bestow
1) A successful action that brings about a striking change.
2) The overthrow of a government, especially by a group that has military or political power.
A person who holds a high rank or position of honour.
to involve in an argument or conflict
An extended period of time marked by a series of related events.
free from fault or flaw; perfect
An organization set up to promote education or a particular cause.
The male founder or ruler of a family, clan or tribe.
A feeling of harmonious connection between people or groups of people.
to give up a right to, abandon; reject.
The art of using language skillfully
An opening or hole.
A hiding or storage place, especially for food or valuables.
Capable of catching fire or burning.
1) (n.) A person appointed to act on behalf of others; a representative.
2) (v.) To assign or trust to another.
Stormy, harsh, merciless
Not able to be erased; permanent
A sickness or unhealthy condition
An account based on the author's personal experiences
Most important; crucial
to correct or adjust
Easily made to feel upset or sick to the stomach.
1) A system of organs in the body that performs some function together.
2) A pamphlet, often expressing religious or political ideas, that seeks to persuade.
Great trouble or suffering
A short sketch that provides a clear picture.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Test Preparation TOEIC, SAT, TOEFL
Wordly Wise 17
The Fire Next Time
English 10A Exam
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Wordly Wise 11.5
Literary Terms (Advanced)
Wordly Wise 11.7
Wordly Wise 11.6
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Wordly Wise 8.4 (no pictures)
Wordly Wise 8.4
Wordly Wise 8.5
Wordly Wise 8.6