Get ahead with a $300 test prep scholarship
| Enter to win by Tuesday 9/24
Wordly Wise 8.9 (no pictures)
Terms in this set (30)
A feeling of agreement or harmony; a formal agreement.
to declare positively.
to pass on to others
a fortress on a hill; a stronghold
to grant or bestow
1) A successful action that brings about a striking change.
2) The overthrow of a government, especially by a group that has military or political power.
A person who holds a high rank or position of honour.
to involve in an argument or conflict
An extended period of time marked by a series of related events.
free from fault or flaw; perfect
An organization set up to promote education or a particular cause.
The male founder or ruler of a family, clan or tribe.
A feeling of harmonious connection between people or groups of people.
to give up a right to, abandon; reject.
The art of using language skillfully
An opening or hole.
A hiding or storage place, especially for food or valuables.
Capable of catching fire or burning.
1) (n.) A person appointed to act on behalf of others; a representative.
2) (v.) To assign or trust to another.
Stormy, harsh, merciless
Not able to be erased; permanent
A sickness or unhealthy condition
An account based on the author's personal experiences
Most important; crucial
to correct or adjust
Easily made to feel upset or sick to the stomach.
1) A system of organs in the body that performs some function together.
2) A pamphlet, often expressing religious or political ideas, that seeks to persuade.
Great trouble or suffering
A short sketch that provides a clear picture.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Test Preparation TOEIC, SAT, TOEFL, GRE
Wordly Wise 17
The Fire Next Time
English 10A Exam
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Nelson Book 4 Unit 3 Latin roots
Wordly Wise 11.5
Literary Terms (Advanced)
Wordly Wise 11.7
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Wordly Wise 8.1
Wordly Wise 8.4
Wordly Wise 8.5
Wordly Wise 8.6