5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Elizabeth 1
- Henry VII
- Good Henry IV
- Good Charles V
- What are the major obstacles of Elizabeth I
- a -Make's france strong, united, and peaceful by converting from Protestantism to Catholicism
-Edict of Nantes: ended religious conflict and civil wars
-Duke of Sully-Treasurer
- b Demonstrated his power as an Absolute Monarch by changing England's religious ways in order to divorce his wife so he could have sons to follow him to throne
-The Pope declares him "Defender of the Faith"
-He wrote "In defense of the 7 sacraments"
- c temporarily settled religious wars
1555-peace treaty of Augsburg
1529-drove turks away from Vienna
- d 1. Opposition from the Catholic Monarchs
2. Mary (Queen of Scots, cousin) is also a legit CATHOLIC heir
3. Phillip II, Catholic, of Spain, send Armada to attack England
- e 45 year reign- She never got married=no kids=longer reign
Highly educated (9 languages)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Elizabeth I
- She executes Mary Queen of Scots to get rid of competition
She defeats the Spanish Armada which proves he power to Europe, leads to making England a major world power
- Katherine Howard (cousin of Anne Boleyn) was beheaded for unfaithfulness in 1542.
- Financial problems: he became involved in wars to defend Catholicism but it drained Spain's treasury
Treated dutch harsh, taxed trade heavily, persecuted calvinists=Dutch Revolt
-Spanish Industry declines
- -Gave Spanish Netherlands greater self rule (less dutch revolts)
5 True/False questions
When Henry was with Wife number 2, Anne Boleyn, how did he demonstrate his power? → Katherine Howard (cousin of Anne Boleyn) was beheaded for unfaithfulness in 1542.
Good Frederick William I → Strengthened PRussia with saved money and doubled size of army with efficiency
-efficient government bureaucracy
How does Henry (once again) demonstrate Absolute power even after saying everyone in england has to swear to the Act of Supremacy? → Wife 4, named Anne (of Cleves) was arranged by Thomas Cromwell. Henry demonstrates absolute power by annulling the marriage, adopting her as a sister, and executing Cromwell, all because of her lack of beauty.
Jane Grey → Queen for 9 days
Describe Henry's third wife and his life with her. → Because Mary I died childless, Elizabeth I followed her to throne.