5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How does Henry reform the church?
- Elizabeth 1
- Good Charles V
- How does Henry demonstrate Absolute power with Wife 4?
- When Henry was with Wife number 2, Anne Boleyn, how did he demonstrate his power?
- a Henry breaks from the Catholic Church, declaring himself the head of the church in England. He makes everyone swear Act of Supremacy (accepting Henry's leading role as head of Church).
- b 45 year reign- She never got married=no kids=longer reign
Highly educated (9 languages)
- c temporarily settled religious wars
1555-peace treaty of Augsburg
1529-drove turks away from Vienna
- d Wife 4, named Anne (of Cleves) was arranged by Thomas Cromwell. Henry demonstrates absolute power by annulling the marriage, adopting her as a sister, and executing Cromwell, all because of her lack of beauty.
- e When Anne gives birth to a girl (Mary) and miscarries two boys, Henry beheads Anne (instead of a divorce) because she allegedly had 4 affairs and Incest with her brother. That makes the daughter of Anne illegitimate.
5 Multiple choice questions
- His third wife is Jane Seymour, who dies after giving birth to a SON! (Edward) She was his favorite wife and was later buried with her (even after having other wives, too) lol
- Her parents are Isabella and Ferdinand of Spain which gives Henry connections.
- -Chose Jean-Babtise Colbert as expert in finance which resulted in economic improvements, a large army, and exploration
- Encouraged religious tolerance and legal reform
Acquired Silesia making Prussia a world power
- 10 years old at reign, dies at 16!!!!
(His uncle helped him-- regent)
5 True/False questions
As an Absolute monarch AND now the head of the church in England, what can Henry do now? → He can divorce Catherine and re-marry someone who will provide a son (heir)!
Henry VII → She is Catholic, so she burns 300 protestant leaders at the stake, getting the nickname "Bloody Mary". Mary married Phillip II, and dies childless, and then Phillip II goes back to Spain.
bad Catherine " " → Gained black sea, poland, expanded into central europe
Good Henry IV → -Make's france strong, united, and peaceful by converting from Protestantism to Catholicism
-Edict of Nantes: ended religious conflict and civil wars
-Duke of Sully-Treasurer
Good Peter the Great → Learned about western civilization:
--better army-->war w/ sweden-->territorial gain/sea
Westernization=Russia prospers--> Peter THE GREAT :)