5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bad Maria Theresa ????
- Describe Henry's third wife and his life with her.
- Bad Frederick the Great
- How does Henry marrying his dead brother's wife, Catherine of Aragon (wife number 1), show Absolute power?
- Bad Charles V
- a His third wife is Jane Seymour, who dies after giving birth to a SON! (Edward) She was his favorite wife and was later buried with her (even after having other wives, too) lol
- b He had to get special permission from the Pope in order to marry Catherine of Aragon.
- c She inherited territories such as the germans, Hungarians, Italians,etc... so there were conflicts of language and religion
-She did nothing to solve those conflicts
- d -continuous wars drained spain's financial and human resources
- e -The 7 yEars war didn't change the territorial situation
5 Multiple choice questions
- Elizabeth I
- Gained black sea, poland, expanded into central europe
- "Elizabethan Age"- peace, prosperity
Englands greatest ruler- settled religious disputes
Allowed private religious tolerance
Exploration: Granted Sir Walter Raleigh the right to establish colony in North America
- Financial problems: he became involved in wars to defend Catholicism but it drained Spain's treasury
Treated dutch harsh, taxed trade heavily, persecuted calvinists=Dutch Revolt
-Spanish Industry declines
- Wife number 6, named Katherine Parr, was the most important of Henry's wives. She was married 2 times before and she was educated and wise. The reason why she is most important of Henry's wives is because just before Henry's death, she persuades him to make Mary and Elizabeth legit heirs.
5 True/False questions
What inspires Henry to reform the church? → Henry breaks from the Catholic Church, declaring himself the head of the church in England. He makes everyone swear Act of Supremacy (accepting Henry's leading role as head of Church).
Jane Grey → Queen for 9 days
Good Louis XIV → -Chose Jean-Babtise Colbert as expert in finance which resulted in economic improvements, a large army, and exploration
Good Frederick William I → Strengthened PRussia with saved money and doubled size of army with efficiency
-efficient government bureaucracy
bad Catherine " " → Westernized only half of russia, creating a gap... one half is different than the other