- Show the customer you are listening by checking that you understand.
- Allow the customer to show their emotions if they are upset or angry.
- Say you are sorry that the customer is upset
- admit that the problem was your fault if it was.
- do not end up arguing with the customer
- do not be defensive
- concentrate on the situation, not the personalities.
- tell the customer what you can and cannot do.
- possibly offer some compensation
What are some golden rules of dealing with customer complaints?