5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a state of perfect wisdom in which one understands basic truths about the universe
- b the Hindu cycle of death and rebirth
- c an important Hindu deity who in the trinity of gods was the Destroyer
- d The sacred language of ancient India; came originally from the Aryans.
- e A strong wind that brings heavy rain to southern Asia in the summer
5 Multiple choice questions
- astronomy, mathematics, literature, art, poetry, architecture, medicine and more were advanced
- a dome-shaped structure that serves as a Buddhist shrine
- In Hinduism, the single supreme force or reality of the universe
- The Buddhist belief of the extinction of desire and individual consciousness, also spiritual enlightenment
- As taught by the Buddha, the four basic beliefs that form the foundation of Buddhism.
5 True/False questions
Chandragupta Maurya → the founder of the Maurya Empire, brought together most of the Indian subcontinent. Considered the first unifier of India and the first genuine emperor of India.
untouchables → also called pariahs, lowest level of the Indian society; not considered a part of the caste system; did degrading jobs
Bodhi Tree → The tree under which Sidartha Gautama achieved enlightenment.
Mohenjo-Daro → A strong wind that brings heavy rain to southern Asia in the summer
The Vedas and The Epics → The tree under which Sidartha Gautama achieved enlightenment.