5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- subsistence farming
- a Farming that provides only enough for the needs of a family or a village
- b a state of perfect wisdom in which one understands basic truths about the universe
- c Indus Valley city laid out in a grid pattern. Had a complex irrigation and sewer system.
- d Priests and scholars in the Indian caste system
- e the belief that every deed, mental or physical, in this life affects a person's soul or future lives
5 Multiple choice questions
- an important Hindu deity who in the trinity of gods was the Destroyer
- in Hinduism, the belief that soul is reborn in various forms
- A Hindu god considered the Preserver of the world
- a lifelong social group/class into which into which a Hindu is born
- The sacred language of ancient India; came originally from the Aryans.
5 True/False questions
Eight Fold Path → Indus Valley city laid out in a grid pattern. Had a complex irrigation and sewer system.
nirvana → an Indo-European people who, about 1500 B.C., began to migrate into the Indian subcontinent
The Vedas and The Epics → Sacred texts are important to Hinduism?
Ashoka → Chandragupta's grandson; gained control of all but India's southern tip; He converted to Buddhism and broadcast his precepts on inscribed stones and pillars
cow → one of the most sacred animals for the Hindus