5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chandragupta Maurya
- Four Noble Truths
- a a Hindu or Buddhist religious leader and spiritual teacher
- b the moral law combined with spiritual discipline that guides one's life; the order of the universe
- c As taught by the Buddha, the four basic beliefs that form the foundation of Buddhism.
- d The sacred language of ancient India; came originally from the Aryans.
- e the founder of the Maurya Empire, brought together most of the Indian subcontinent. Considered the first unifier of India and the first genuine emperor of India.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a state of perfect wisdom in which one understands basic truths about the universe
- Chandragupta's grandson; gained control of all but India's southern tip; He converted to Buddhism and broadcast his precepts on inscribed stones and pillars
- a dome-shaped structure that serves as a Buddhist shrine
- A name, meaning the "enlightened one", used for Siddhartha Gautama.
- A Hindu god considered the Preserver of the world
5 True/False questions
Shiva → an important Hindu deity who in the trinity of gods was the Destroyer
karma → the moral law combined with spiritual discipline that guides one's life; the order of the universe
untouchables → caste that made up most of the Indian population; most were peasants and manual laborers; they had limited rights in society
nirvana → The Buddhist belief of the extinction of desire and individual consciousness, also spiritual enlightenment
brahmins → Priests and scholars in the Indian caste system