5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chandragupta Maurya
- a A name, meaning the "enlightened one", used for Siddhartha Gautama.
- b Priests and scholars in the Indian caste system
- c The sacred language of ancient India; came originally from the Aryans.
- d the founder of the Maurya Empire, brought together most of the Indian subcontinent. Considered the first unifier of India and the first genuine emperor of India.
- e an Indo-European people who, about 1500 B.C., began to migrate into the Indian subcontinent
5 Multiple choice questions
- in Hinduism, the belief that soul is reborn in various forms
- caste that made up most of the Indian population; most were peasants and manual laborers; they had limited rights in society
- Eight steps to end suffering according to Buddhist tradition.
- As taught by the Buddha, the four basic beliefs that form the foundation of Buddhism.
- A strong wind that brings heavy rain to southern Asia in the summer
5 True/False questions
meditation → practice of quiet reflection to clear the mind and find inner peace
rajah → a lifelong social group/class into which into which a Hindu is born
The Vedas and The Epics → practice of quiet reflection to clear the mind and find inner peace
subcontinent → a large and distinctive landmass that is a distinct part of some continent
samsara → the Hindu cycle of death and rebirth