5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Four Noble Truths
- a A strong wind that brings heavy rain to southern Asia in the summer
- b the belief that every deed, mental or physical, in this life affects a person's soul or future lives
- c Indus Valley city laid out in a grid pattern. Had a complex irrigation and sewer system.
- d As taught by the Buddha, the four basic beliefs that form the foundation of Buddhism.
- e Chandragupta's grandson; gained control of all but India's southern tip; He converted to Buddhism and broadcast his precepts on inscribed stones and pillars
5 Multiple choice questions
- Eight steps to end suffering according to Buddhist tradition.
- Sacred texts are important to Hinduism?
- caste that made up most of the Indian population; most were peasants and manual laborers; they had limited rights in society
- Farming that provides only enough for the needs of a family or a village
- a large and distinctive landmass that is a distinct part of some continent
5 True/False questions
Brahman → Priests and scholars in the Indian caste system
dharma → the moral law combined with spiritual discipline that guides one's life; the order of the universe
reincarnation → practice of quiet reflection to clear the mind and find inner peace
enlightenment → a state of perfect wisdom in which one understands basic truths about the universe
meditation → Ancient Sanskrit writings that are the earliest sacred texts of Hinduism.