5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chandragupta Maurya
- The Vedas and The Epics
- a A strong wind that brings heavy rain to southern Asia in the summer
- b The sacred language of ancient India; came originally from the Aryans.
- c the founder of the Maurya Empire, brought together most of the Indian subcontinent. Considered the first unifier of India and the first genuine emperor of India.
- d Sacred texts are important to Hinduism?
- e a lifelong social group/class into which into which a Hindu is born
5 Multiple choice questions
- Eight steps to end suffering according to Buddhist tradition.
- also called pariahs, lowest level of the Indian society; not considered a part of the caste system; did degrading jobs
- a Hindu or Buddhist religious leader and spiritual teacher
- A Hindu god considered the Preserver of the world
- Farming that provides only enough for the needs of a family or a village
5 True/False questions
meditation → Ancient Sanskrit writings that are the earliest sacred texts of Hinduism.
Ashoka → an important Hindu deity who in the trinity of gods was the Destroyer
nirvana → The Buddhist belief of the extinction of desire and individual consciousness, also spiritual enlightenment
cow → one of the most sacred animals for the Hindus
Mohenjo-Daro → A strong wind that brings heavy rain to southern Asia in the summer