5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT
BUDDHA MEANS ...
" The Enlightened One"
- a Indus Valley city laid out in a grid pattern. Had a complex irrigation and sewer system.
- b caste that made up most of the Indian population; most were peasants and manual laborers; they had limited rights in society
- d the belief that every deed, mental or physical, in this life affects a person's soul or future lives
- e an important Hindu deity who in the trinity of gods was the Destroyer
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Buddhist belief of the extinction of desire and individual consciousness, also spiritual enlightenment
- a large and distinctive landmass that is a distinct part of some continent
- the Hindu cycle of death and rebirth
- A Hindu god considered the Preserver of the world
- a Hindu prince or king in India
5 True/False questions
Brahman → In Hinduism, the single supreme force or reality of the universe
subsistence farming → Farming that provides only enough for the needs of a family or a village
Vedas → caste that made up most of the Indian population; most were peasants and manual laborers; they had limited rights in society
Eight Fold Path → a state of perfect wisdom in which one understands basic truths about the universe
caste → a lifelong social group/class into which into which a Hindu is born