Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (16)
nitrogen, oxygen, and argon
29. What are the 3 most abundant gasses in the atmosphere, in order of abundance?
thermosphere, mesophere, stratosphere, troposphere
30. What are the 4 layers of the atmosphere, in order of altitude?
Protects Earth's surface by absorbing UV rays
31. What does the ozone layer do?
32. In what phase(s) does water occur in the atmosphere?
1. The amount of water vapor in the air
- A gas cools as it expands, and warms as it is compressed
- Ex. Pumping air into tires
Dry adiabatic lapse rate
1. 10 degrees celcius per 1000 m
wet adiabatic lapse rate
1. Causes clouds to form
2. 5 degrees celcius per 1000 m
1. Cools at a slower rate because ongoing condensation releases heat
clouds block it
37. How do clouds impact incoming solar radiation?
1. Amount of upward scattering (reflection)
39. What do stratiform clouds look like
39. What do Cumuliform clouds look like
small and puffy
40. What do cumulus clouds look like
high in the air, look like streaks
40. What do cirrus clouds look like
1. Gets precipitation
2. Humid, hot
1. Downward moving dry air
2. No precipitation
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
ATMO 201 Chapter 5
Chapter 6- Stability and Cloud Development
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Supply Chain Final
Managerial Final Review