AP English 4 Vocabulary (Module 4.1)
Terms in this set (5)
Definition: be about to happen; (of something bad) loom
- The dark clouds made her feel like there was an impending disaster.
- The boy felt a particular impending doom on Friday the 13th.
Define: a formal judgment on a disputed matter.
- The bickering, bitter couple had to go to court for an official adjudication for their divorce.
- The case that lingered for decades was finally adjudicated in the state courts.
Definition: strongly moved by love and especially sexual love; being in love
- The shoppers were grossed out by the amorous couple's constant public displays of affection.
- Married individuals should not have amorous relationships outside of their marriage.
Definition: an account of the personal experiences of an author
- A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah
- Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama
Definition: the rewarding of virtue and the punishing of vice in the resolution of a plot; the character, as they say, gets what he/she deserves
- Atticus shaming Mr. Ewell in front of his neighbors
- Oedipus avoiding and then ultimately fulfilling his fate of killing his father & marrying his mother
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Test Preparation TOEIC, SAT, TOEFL
Antigone: Who Said it?, Vocab, and Tragedy Quiz
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
AP English 4 Vocabulary (Module 4.3)
AP English Vocabulary (Module 4.2)
AP English 4 Vocabulary (Module 3.4)
AP English 4 Vocabulary (Module 3.3)