study for photoshop test
Terms in this set (40)
update the metadata of the file so the displayed author is Craig Stronin
1. click the file menu and select file info... 2. Under the basic section, click in the field next to Author and type Craig Stronin. 3. Click OK to close the file info dialog box.
Copy the layer style from the tent icon layer to the tree icon layer.
1. Right click the tent icon layer and select copy layer style. 2. Right click the tree icon layer and select paste layer style. OR 1. Hold ALT on your keyboard, and click and drag the layer style (not the layer name) from the Tent Icon Layer to the Tree icon layer.
load the selection named Bird to create a non-destructive layer mask that reveals the bird selection so the background grass layer shows through.
1. click on the kingfisher layer to select it. 2. click the select menu and choose load selection... 3. click the channel drop down and choose bird. click OK. 4. click the layer menu, hover over layer mask and select reveal selection.
the client is not too happy with the character tracking for the font that you are using. which of the following correctly describes character tracking?
character tracking is used to change the spacing between all characters in a block of text.
from the following options which two are benefits of using a linked smart object in photoshop?
linked smart objects are automatically updated if the source file is changed and enable the ability to perform nondestructive transforms without losing original image quality.
which of the following options is an added benefit of using a linked smart object over just using a smart object in photoshop?
when you are using a linked smart object, smart objects are automatically updated if the source file is changed.
change photoshop to automatically save recovery information every 15 minutes
1. select the edit menu, hover over preferences and choose file handling. 2. click the checkbox to add the automatically save recovery information option. 3. change the drop down to 15 minutes, click ok
create a vertical guide at 550 px, and a horizontal guide at 450 px.
1. click the view menu and select new guide. 2. with the vertical orientation selected, type in 550 px for the position and click ok 3. click the view menu and select new guide again 4. select the horizontal orientation, type in 450 px and click ok.
add a registered trademark symbol to the right of the adventure logo.
1. select the custom shape tool from the toolbar. (click and hold on the rectangle tool to find it) 2. in the options bar along the top, click the shape drop down to open it, scroll to the bottom and choose the registered trademark symbol (it looks like an R w/ a circle around it) 3. click and drag to draw the symbol on the right side of the adventure logo.
during the process of interacting with your client, which of the following would be deliverables you will need to provide as you work through the project?
you will need to provide project specifications and design comps over the course of the project.
which of the following are best practices that should be done in photoshop before placing the images in indesign?
before placing images in indesign you should make initial edits in RGB mode, then convert your image to CMYK mode and make any additional color and tonal adjustments. you should also use the proof colors command to view a soft proof to see a more accurate preview of the final printed version.
from the following choices, chose the best definition of typography.
typography is the art and design of arranging type when choosing a font, font style and color.
What feature of the History Panel allows you to quickly compare and revert to an earlier image state?
snapshots can be used to easily compare different effects on the same image. you can also use snapshots to quickly return to an earlier state of your work.
which path would you follow to add new colors to an existing swatch library?
new colors can be added to an existing swatch library via the window > swatches menu
(icon is man standing) you may use the work only if you give the author credit.
(icon is arrow in a rotating circle) you may distribute derivative works only under a license identical (not more restrictive) to the license that governs the original work.
(icon is dollar sign crossed out) you may use the work only for non commercial purposes.
no derivative works (ND)
you may only use exact copies of the work, not derivative works and remixes based on it.
export a 50% quality JPG of the horizon image. give it a width of 480 px and height of 270 px. accept all other defaults and save the image to the default location.
1. click the file menu and under the export selection select export as... 2. change the format drop down to JPG 3. change the quality to 50% 4. change the width to 480 px and the height to 270 px. 5. leave all other default settings, click export all... leave the default name and click save (on Mac click export)
using adjustment layers
adjustment layers apply adjustments on a separate layer, leaving the original image layer intact.
transforming smart objects
scaling, rotating or warping won't overwrite original file data when using smart objects
making adjustments using the image then adjustments menu
unlike the adjustments panel, adjustments made through the image > adjustments menu are considered destructive because they do not apply an adjustment layer automatically.
using the clone stamp tool
using the clone stamp tool can be done non-decontructively, but only if you create a separate adjustment layer first. using the clone stamp tool directly on the original image does after the image data.
create a new group titled text and place the two text layers in the group
1. click on the create a new group... icon at the bottom of the layers panel. 2. double click the text on the group layer to edit the name. rename the group 1 folder text and press ENTER or click off the layer to commit the change. 3. hold SHIFT to select both text layers, and drag them up into the new group layer.
to finish creating a design for the webpage, use one shape to cut away part of the other. create a 700 pixel by 700 pixel square shape that cuts away the thin, white rectangle on the left side of the document, create the new square shape from the center of the white rectangle.
1. select the rectangle 1 layer and then select the rectangle tool in the left tool bar 2. in the option bar along the top of the UI, select the path operations drop-down and choose subtract front shape. 3. click anywhere on the thin, white rectangle shape on the left side of the document 4. in the create rectangle dialog box, type 700 px for the height and 700 px for the width. 5. click the checkbox that says from center to ensdure the new shape is created from the center of the rectangle 6. click ok
Apply a non destructive curves adjustment to the image using the color negative RGB preset
1. in the adjustments panel on the right, create a new curves adjustment layer by clicking the curves icon 2. click the drop down next to preset and change it to color negative RGB
create a new brush to work with a drawing tablet. give it a size of 19 px, adjust the size jitter to 25% and the angle jitter to 30% in the shape dynamics, and name it TabletBrush
1. click the brush tool in the left tool panel 2. in the application bar along the top, change the size of the brush to be 19 px 3. open the brush settings panel on the right (or click window > brush settings) and click on shape dynamics under brush tip shape 4. change the size jitter to 25%, angle jitter to 30% 5. open the brushes panel click (window>brushes) click on the create new brush icon on the bottom right of the panel window 6. type TabletBrush in name box, leave all other default settings and click OK
set the units of measure to pixels for the rulers
1. click view > rulers (cmd + R [mac], or ctrl + R [win]) 2, right click on the ruler and choose pixels
1.click edit > preferences > units and rulers... 2. under the units section change rulers to pixels. 3. click ok
change the grid lines to DASHED with Gridline Every 64 Pixels and 1 Subdivisions. show the grid if it is not already showing.
1. press ctrl + K to open the preferences window 2. on the left side select the tab for "guides, grid and slices" 3. under the grid section in the drop down select the dashed looking line 4. make sure the gridline is set to every 64 pixels and subdivisions are set to 1 5. click ok 6. if the grid is not already showing, turn it on by going to view, show> and enable the grid
unhide the icon layer and give it a blend mode of multiply
1. in the layers panel, click the visibility box on the left side of the icon layer to unhide the layer 2. then in the layers panel, select the blending mode drop down and choose multiply
load the selection called fruit to create a layer mask that hides everything except the selection
1. click the select menu and choose load selection 2. in the load selection dialog box click the drop down next to channel and slect fruit, then click ok 3. in the layer menu, hover over layer mask and click reveal selection
use styles presets to change the circles layer image to use the blue glass (button) style
1. select the layer with the pink circle 2. open the styles panel. 3. select the blue glass (button) style
is the distance between each line of text
is the spacing between specific pairs of characters
is used to change the spacing between all characters in a block of text
you are getting dozens of images ready to be published on the web, and you need t make sure they are in the correct color mode and the correct size while still maintaining the same ratio. recording an action will be the quickest way to make changes to all the images. which of the following steps should you include in your action?
use rgb color mode and constrain image proportions when exporting
in the beginning of the visual design process, its important to work closely with your client. which of the following is a good way to quickly explore creative options and ensure you are creating something the client is happy with?
making rough sketches
a _____ file is unprocessed, and contains more data than a standard ______ file
- RAW -JPEG
a raw file is unprocessed, and contains more data than a standard jpeg file
i hope you enjoy studying, im sure you'll do great. i love you. <3
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Photoshop CC 2015 Test 1 Training
adobe photoshop tools
Photoshop CC 2015 Training/Test 2
Photoshop CC Test 2 Training 2015