Scheduled maintenance: Saturday, December 10 from 10PM to 11PM PST
Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
The group thing
Terms in this set (60)
1) What verse says God loves you?
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
2) What is offered to everyone?
For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.
3) What does God want to give us as a gift?
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
4) What should I do when I'm afraid?
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
5) Do angels have duties today?
13) To which of the angels did God ever say, "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet"? 14) Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
6) Where will the angels be at his coming?
When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne.
7) Where was Christ born?
Today in the town of David, a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
8) What verse said someone took our penalty for sin?
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures.
1 Corinthians 15:3
9) What is one of the ways Satan disguises himself?
14) And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15) It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.
II Corinthians 11:14-15
10) Why was Satan kicked out of Heaven?
How you have fallen from Heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to earth, you who once laid low the nation!
11) Why was Satan kicked out of Heaven (cont.)?
13) You said in your heart, "I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the Stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. 14) I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High"
12) What must I do to be saved?
They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved - you and your household."
13) How do we know the devil is after us?
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
I Peter 5:8
14) What verse promises the Holy Spirit will live in us?
16) And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever - 17) the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
15) Can we hide from God's presence?
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
16) What verse says God created male and female?
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
17) Who convinces us of our sin?
8) When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgement: 9) about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10) about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11) and about judgement, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
18) How many have sinned?
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
19) What people will suffer God's wrath?
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.
20) Can we be sure God will lead us the right way?
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
21) How can we know we have eternal life?
11) And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12) Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
I John 5:11-12
22) Where does the Holy Spirit live?
19) Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20) you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
I Corinthians 6:19-20
23) What verse tells us God doesn't want anyone to go to hell?
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
II Peter 3:9
25) Who is the believer to have fellowship with?
We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
I John 1:3
26) How do we know God hears our prayers?
14) This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15) And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him.
I John 5:14-15
27) What should a new Christian want?
2) Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3) now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.
I Peter 2:2-3
24) What should we use as our light in this dark world?
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
28) If we are humble what does God promise to do?
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
29) What verse says if we are going to teach others, we must first of all be faithful?
1) You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2) And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.
II Timothy 2:1-2
30) What verse says you should practice what you preach?
7) In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness 8) and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
31) How are Christian young people to be examples?
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
I Timothy 4:12
32) How do we know we should win souls?
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and the one who is wise saves lives.
33) It is impossible to please God without what?
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
34) What verse says believers should do good works?
This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.
35) What brings patience?
2) Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3) because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
36) How do we know we really love other Christians?
This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.
I John 5:2
37) What verse proves that Jesus Christ and God are same?
27) My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28) I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29) My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all [a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30) I and the Father are one."
38) How do we become a Child of God?
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God-
39) What does God demand of a servant or steward?
Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.
I Corinthians 4:2
40) As Christians what should we do when we sin?
9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
I John 1:9
41) What does God beg us to do with our bodies?
1) Therefore,I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God - this is your true and proper worship. 2) Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.
42) What verse says we will be a servant of the one we obey?
Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey - whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?
43) Who shall reign with Christ during the millennium?
Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.
44) What will the tribulation be like?
For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now, and never to be equaled again.
45) What are the essentials of true worship?
23) Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24) God is Spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.
46) Why must all Christians appear before the Judgement Seat of Christ?
For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
II Corinthians 5:10
47) What did Jesus do that no other man has done which reserves a place for us in Heaven?
3) Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4) and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you.
I Peter 1:3-4
48) What will unbelievers awake to some day?
Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.
49) What will happen to all Christians when Christ returns?
13) Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14) For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-14
15) According to the Lord's word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16) For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
1 Thessalonians 4:15-16
17) After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18) Therefore encourage one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
52) What should we do when our thoughts hinder our fellowship with the Lord?
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
II Corinthians 10:5
53) What throne will the unbelievers stand before?
11) Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12) And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.
54) Who will be cast into the Lake of Fire?
14) Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15) Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
55) What verse says that if we are a child of God, He will discipline us?
5) And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says, "My son, do not make light of the Lords discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebuked you, 6) because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son." 7) Endure hardship as discipline, God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father?
56) How do we avoid comparing ourselves to someone else?
Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else.
57) What verse tells us if we love the world, Gods love is not in us?
15) Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father [a] is not in them. 16) For everything in the world - the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life - comes not from the Father but from the world.
I John 2:15-16
58) What verse encourages you to be identified with Gods people rather than wicked people?
24) By faith Moses, when he has grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaohs daughter. 25) He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 26) He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward.
59) If we are going to be a good soldier of Jesus Christ, what are we instructed not to do?
3) Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4) No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer. 5) Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor's crown except by comparing according to the rules.
II Timothy 2:3-5
60) Give a reason as to why God is able to help us when we are tempted.
Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
Other sets by this creator
The group thing 2
The group thing 2
The group thing 2
The group thing 2
Most of the following thesis statements have specific topics plus clear main ideas about these topics. Find the ones that present a topic, but not an idea. Then, rewrite them to make them more effective. Sportsmanship is important.
For each of the following items, correct any errors in capitalization by changing lowercase letters to capital letters or capital letters to lowercase letters as necessary. If an item is already correct, write $C$. EXAMPLE: tests in Physics, history IV, and Spanish *tests in physics, History $N$, and Spanish* on Lake Texcoco
Write each prepositional phrase that appears in the following sentences. (Some sentences have more than one prepositional phrase.)\ *** **Native Americans and the Arts***** Sand paintings were used in healing ceremonies.
history of the americas
What was the central agreement of the Mayflower Compact, and where were the settlers when they signed it?
Recommended textbook solutions
The Language of Composition: Reading, Writing, Rhetoric
Lawrence Scanlon, Renee H. Shea, Robin Dissin Aufses
Ways of the World: A Global History
Robert W. Strayer
America's History for the AP Course
Eric Hinderaker, James A. Henretta, Rebecca Edwards, Robert O. Self
John Lund, Paul S. Vickery, P. Scott Corbett, Todd Pfannestiel, Volker Janssen