AP English Vocabulary (Module 4.2)
Terms in this set (5)
Definition: a pause or break in a line of verse
- 'Sing a song of sixpence, // a pocket full of rye.
Four and twenty blackbirds, // baked in a pie.
When the pie was opened, // the birds began to sing;
Wasn't that a dainty dish, // to set before the king?'
- " To be, or not to be — that is the question..."
Definition: a rhyme in which the stressed syllables of ending consonants match, however the preceding vowel sounds do not match
- "shape" and "keep"
- "how" and "raw"
Definition: uncontrolled; unconstrained
- The unbridled dog viciously barked and chased after pedestrians.
- His unbridled ambition led him to start and never finish many projects.
Definition: not claiming attention for oneself; retiring and modest
- Despite her grand collection of sports medals, she was one of the most self-effacing people I had ever met.
- The shy, self-effacing boy blushed when the teacher praised his project in front of the class.
Definition: play that intensifies sentiment, exaggerates emotion, and relates sensation and thrilling action
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Essential SAT Vocabulary | Knowsys Guide
Honors English Poetry terms
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
AP English 4 Vocabulary (Module 4.3)
AP English 4 Vocabulary (Module 4.1)
AP English 4 Vocabulary (Module 3.4)
AP English 4 Vocabulary (Module 3.3)