5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When was Northridge CA Earthquake?
- When was Infamous San Francisco Earthquake?
- Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
- a monitors the "Pacific Ring of Fire" for tsunamis
- b a break in the lithosphere along which movement has taken place
- c 1906
- d 1994
- e fastest wave - 5kps - travels through both solids and liquids - like a sound wave
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1755 - 60,000 dead - realized there were 2 distinct waves
- the written record of an earthquake
- hanging wall slides down the footwall
- recent earthquake, all water is pulled out to sea, "water leaves the beach"
- 1976 - No warning - around 500,000 killed
5 True/False questions
2004 → The greatest danger after an earthquake
Hai Chung → 1975 - Successfully predicted by Chinese
Seismologist → Scientist that studies Earthquake waves
S-wave → shear wave - 3kps - will NOT pass through liquids
Anchorage, Alaska → hanging wall slides down the footwall