5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a elaborately decorated; showily splendid
- b indifferent, bored as a result of having enjoyed many pleasures, apathetic
ant: enthusiastic, passionate, fervent
- c to read thoroughly and carefully
Syn: study, pore over
- d a person or thing of no importance
- e to bring together for service or battle, to gather or summon, to amount to, comprise, include.a list of men for the military service. a gathering, accumulation
Syn: mobilize, marshal, roster, inventory
Ant: disband, dismiss, disperse
5 Multiple choice questions
- full of tiny holes; able to penetrate by air or water
Syn: leaky, permeable
- showing concern or care; fearful or anxious about someone or something.
- a remainder, that which remains when a part has been used up or removed
syn: remnant, remains, leavings
- of little importance, not worthy of serious attention, not meant seriously
Syn: silly, foolish, inane, petty, trifling
Ant: serious, important, significant
- a pang of conscience, uneasiness, misgiving, or doubt, a feeling of faintness or nausea.
5 True/False questions
oust → to remove, drive out of position or place
obsess → to remove, drive out of position or place
bolster → to support give a boost to, a long pillow or cushion, a supporting post.
syn: strengthen, reinforce, buttress, validate
Ant: underline, weaken, inpair
sustain → serious and dignified; quiet or subdued in character or conduct.
syn: sedate, sober, prim
Ant: gaudy, unconventional
promontery → a high point of land extending into water
Syn: cliff, headland