5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a pang of conscience, uneasiness, misgiving, or doubt, a feeling of faintness or nausea.
- b to reduce to nothing, to make ineffective or inoperative, to declare legally invalid or void. syn: cancel, abolish, invalidate, nullify
ant: validate, authorize, ratify
- c of little importance, not worthy of serious attention, not meant seriously
Syn: silly, foolish, inane, petty, trifling
Ant: serious, important, significant
- d a person or thing of no importance
- e to trouble, haunt, or fill the mind
5 Multiple choice questions
- to feel or express regret or disapproval
Syn: lament, bewail
Ant: aprove, commend, extol
- a high point of land extending into water
Syn: cliff, headland
- lying face down; inclined, likely
Ant: standing upright
- indifferent, bored as a result of having enjoyed many pleasures, apathetic
ant: enthusiastic, passionate, fervent
- to support give a boost to, a long pillow or cushion, a supporting post.
syn: strengthen, reinforce, buttress, validate
Ant: underline, weaken, inpair
5 True/False questions
staid → serious and dignified; quiet or subdued in character or conduct.
syn: sedate, sober, prim
Ant: gaudy, unconventional
porous → full of tiny holes; able to penetrate by air or water
Syn: leaky, permeable
solicitous → showing concern or care; fearful or anxious about someone or something.
peruse → to read thoroughly and carefully
Syn: study, pore over
sustain → to support, nourish, keep up; to suffer, undergo; to bear up under, withstand; to affirm the validly of