5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Field guides and taxonomic keys
- a A plant growing twoard the light is an example of a _____________________.
- b _____________ is the scientific study of how living things are classified.
- c The Bacteria and Archaea domains include only ____________________.
- d Scientists hypothesize that the first life forms on Earth did not need ______________ to survive.
- e _____________ and ____________ help to identify organisms.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The most abundant chemical found in living cells is _________.
- The fungi and protist kingdoms include both ______________________________.
- The gradual change in species tme is called _______________.
- Spontaneous generation is a mistaken idea because living things are _______________________.
- Scientists organize living things into groups so that the organisms are _______________.
5 True/False questions
domain → The classification level that is broader that kingdom is ___________.
chemical makeup of their cells → One basis for placing organisms into different domains is the ____________________________.
food, water, living space, and stable internal conditions → An organism's scientific name consists of its _________________________.
autotroph → An organism that makes its own food is called an __________.
stimulus → The group of organisms that includes only mulitcellular heterotrophs is _________________.