5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the conditions of early Earth
- theory of evolution
- a Taxonomic keys can be used to help determine the __________ of organisms.
- b A plant growing twoard the light is an example of a _____________________.
- c Charls Darwin's __________________ had a major impact on classification.
- d All plants share the characteristic of being an ________________.
- e Miller and Urey conducted an experiment where they recreated the _____________________________ in a flask.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The more classification levels that two organisms share, the more characteristics they ________________.
- The fungi and protist kingdoms include both ______________________________.
- The broades classification level is _______.
- To survive, all living things need __________, ___________, __________, and ________________.
- Scientists organize living things into groups so that the organisms are _______________.
5 True/False questions
do not arise from nonliving materials → The experiments of Redi and Pasteur helped to demonstrate that living things _______________________________.
Taxonomy → _____________ is the scientific study of how living things are classified.
genus name and species name → The more classification levels that two organisms share, the more characteristics they ________________.
Field guides and taxonomic keys → An organism's scientific name consists of its _________________________.
chemicals → To survive on Earth, the first cells needed the ability to use __________ in their surroundings for energy.