5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- do not arise from nonliving materials
- a The source of energy for most autotrophs is the ________.
- b The classification level that is broader that kingdom is ___________.
- c The experiments of Redi and Pasteur helped to demonstrate that living things _______________________________.
- d Taxonomic keys can be used to help determine the __________ of organisms.
5 Multiple choice questions
- To survive, all living things need __________, ___________, __________, and ________________.
- Scientists hypothesize that the first life forms on Earth did not need ______________ to survive.
- Spontaneous generation is a mistaken idea because living things are _______________________.
- The Bacteria and Archaea domains include only ____________________.
- The gradual change in species tme is called _______________.
5 True/False questions
unicellular and multicellular organisms → The fungi and protist kingdoms include both ______________________________.
chemicals → To survive on Earth, the first cells needed the ability to use __________ in their surroundings for energy.
the conditions of early Earth → Miller and Urey conducted an experiment where they recreated the _____________________________ in a flask.
autotroph → The most abundant chemical found in living cells is _________.
have in common → The more classification levels that two organisms share, the more characteristics they ________________.