5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- poduced only by living things
- do not arise from nonliving materials
- a Scientists hypothesize that the first life forms on Earth did not need ______________ to survive.
- b To survive on Earth, the first cells needed the ability to use __________ in their surroundings for energy.
- c Spontaneous generation is a mistaken idea because living things are _______________________.
- d The experiments of Redi and Pasteur helped to demonstrate that living things _______________________________.
- e an organisms ability to maintain stable internal conditions is ___________________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The classification level that is broader that kingdom is ___________.
- An organism that makes its own food is called an __________.
- One characteristic used to place organisms into kingdoms is their ability to ______________.
- To survive, all living things need __________, ___________, __________, and ________________.
- _____________ and ____________ help to identify organisms.
5 True/False questions
autotroph → All plants share the characteristic of being an ________________.
sun → The source of energy for most autotrophs is the ________.
the conditions of early Earth → Charls Darwin's __________________ had a major impact on classification.
domain → Scientists hypothesize that the first life forms on Earth did not need ______________ to survive.
stimulus → a change in an organism's surroundings that causes it to react is called ____________________