5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- have in common
- food, water, living space, and stable internal conditions
- a To survive, all living things need __________, ___________, __________, and ________________.
- b _____________ is the scientific study of how living things are classified.
- c The Bacteria and Archaea domains include only ____________________.
- d The more classification levels that two organisms share, the more characteristics they ________________.
- e Scientists hypothesize that the first life forms on Earth did not need ______________ to survive.
5 Multiple choice questions
- One characteristic used to place organisms into kingdoms is their ability to ______________.
- _____________ and ____________ help to identify organisms.
- Charls Darwin's __________________ had a major impact on classification.
- A plant growing twoard the light is an example of a _____________________.
- To survive on Earth, the first cells needed the ability to use __________ in their surroundings for energy.
5 True/False questions
animals → The group of organisms that includes only mulitcellular heterotrophs is _________________.
do not arise from nonliving materials → The experiments of Redi and Pasteur helped to demonstrate that living things _______________________________.
domain → The group of organisms that includes only mulitcellular heterotrophs is _________________.
unicellular and multicellular organisms → The fungi and protist kingdoms include both ______________________________.
evolution → The classification level that is broader that kingdom is ___________.