5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- poduced only by living things
- a An organism that makes its own food is called an __________.
- b Taxonomic keys can be used to help determine the __________ of organisms.
- c Spontaneous generation is a mistaken idea because living things are _______________________.
- d To survive on Earth, the first cells needed the ability to use __________ in their surroundings for energy.
- e The group of organisms that includes only mulitcellular heterotrophs is _________________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The gradual change in species tme is called _______________.
- A plant growing twoard the light is an example of a _____________________.
- The more classification levels that two organisms share, the more characteristics they ________________.
- All plants share the characteristic of being an ________________.
- The experiments of Redi and Pasteur helped to demonstrate that living things _______________________________.
5 True/False questions
easier to study → One characteristic used to place organisms into kingdoms is their ability to ______________.
organism's body structure → Scientists organize living things into groups so that the organisms are _______________.
oxygen → Scientists hypothesize that the first life forms on Earth did not need ______________ to survive.
sun → The broades classification level is _______.
Taxonomy → _____________ is the scientific study of how living things are classified.