5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pectoralis major
- Infraspinatus and teres minor
- Pectoralis minor
- Teres major
- a What muscles have lateral rotation of the humerus; helps hold head of humerus in glenoid cavity; and stabilizes the shoulder?
- b What muscle has the occipital bone; ligamentum nuchae; spines of C7 and all thoracic vertebrae as its origin?
- c What muscle with ribs fixed, draws the scapula forward and inferiorly; and with scapula fixed, draws rib cage superiorly?
- d What muscle has the posterior surface at the inferior angle of the scapula as its origin?
- e What muscle is a prime mover of arm flexion; adducts, medially rotates arm; with arm fixed, pulls chest upward (thus also acts in forced inspiration)?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What muscle has the lateral margin of the scapula as its origin?
- What muscle has the spinous processes of C7 and T1-T5 as its origin?
- What muscle is a prime mover of arm extension, it adducts and medially rotates arm; brings arm down in power stroke, as in striking a blow?
- What muscle has the Xiphoid process and costal cartilages of ribs 5-7 as its insertion?
- What muscle has the medial border of the scapula as its insertion?
5 True/False questions
External oblique → What muscle has the Linea alba, the pubic crest and tubercles, and the iliac crest as its insertion?
The Linea Alba → What muscle has the posterior surface at the inferior angle of the scapula as its origin?
External oblique → What muscles has the anterior surface of the last eight ribs as its origin?
Internal oblique → What muscle has all the same functions as the external oblique?
Rhomboids major and minor → What muscle pulls scapula medially (retraction); stabilize scapula; and rotates glenoid cavity downward?