5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Teres major
- Rhomboids major and minor
- Transversus abdominis
- Rectus abdominis
- Latissimus dorsi
- a What muscle has the Linea alba and the pubic crest as its insertion?
- b What muscle extends, medially rotates, and adducts humerus; synergist of latissimus dorsi?
- c What muscle has indirect attachment to the spinous processes of lower six thoracic vertebrae, lumbar vertebrae, and the last three to four ribs, and the iliac rest as its origin?
- d What muscle pulls scapula medially (retraction); stabilize scapula; and rotates glenoid cavity downward?
- e What muscle has the pubic crest and symphysis as its origin?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What muscle is a prime mover of arm extension, it adducts and medially rotates arm; brings arm down in power stroke, as in striking a blow?
- What muscle has all the same functions as the external oblique?
- What muscles has the anterior surface of the last eight ribs as its origin?
- What muscle is a prime mover of arm flexion; adducts, medially rotates arm; with arm fixed, pulls chest upward (thus also acts in forced inspiration)?
- What muscle has the Linea alba, the pubic crest and tubercles, and the iliac crest as its insertion?
5 True/False questions
Teres major → What muscle has the lateral margin of the scapula as its origin?
Internal oblique → What muscle has the lumbar fascia, iliac crest, and inguinal ligament as its origin?
Rhomboids major and minor → What muscle has the medial border of the scapula as its insertion?
Latissimus dorsi → What muscle has the posterior surface at the inferior angle of the scapula as its origin?
Transversus abdominis → What muscle has the inguinal ligament, iliac crest, cartilages of last five or six ribs, and the lumbar fascia as its origin?