5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Jim Jones
- Urban Civilization
- Poorest country
- Simon Bolivar
- Juan & Eva Peron
- a cult leader who founded a colony in Guyana, a suicide-murder spree in a jungle religious commune, founded by Rev. Jim Jones, took the lives of about 900 members of the San Francisco-based People's Temple.
In 1809, the "Liberator," Simon Bolivar began the battle for independence, and after the Spanish defeat in 1824, Bolivia finally gained its hard-fough freedom in 1825.
- c civilization living in the cities
- d was the second wife of President Juan Perón (1895-1974) and served as the First Lady of Argentina from 1946 until her death in 1952.
- e Bolivia
5 Multiple choice questions
- Former military dictator of Paraguay
- size of California but only 6 million. 550,000 live in the Capital of Asuncion. 95% mestizo
- Won presidential runoff election in Brazil on Oct 31, 2010
- a group of islands in the Pacific off South America; owned by Ecuador; known for unusual animal life where Darwin found the fiches that led him to the theory of evolution
- length of Chile
5 True/False questions
Nester Kirchner → Former president of Argentina, died Oct 27, 2010
Netherlands → He was the first to prove that the new world really was a distinct landmass, separate from Asia. After sailing around the southern tip of South America he sailed westward acrosst he Pacific and reached the Philippine Islands, claiming them for Spain. Killed there.
Sebastian Pinera → current president of Chile
Amazon River → the longest river in South America, flowing from the Andes Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean, located primarily across Brazil
Alan Garcia → The current President of Peru.