5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Juan & Eva Peron
- SA Culture Notes
- Nester Kirchner
- a Tenant farmer in Colombia
- b myths, urban living, family, machismo, marianismo
- c A Brazilian holiday/festival that occurs four days before Lent in Rio de Janeiro.
- d was the second wife of President Juan Perón (1895-1974) and served as the First Lady of Argentina from 1946 until her death in 1952.
- e Former president of Argentina, died Oct 27, 2010
5 Multiple choice questions
- rapid urban migration in developing countries. Latin America has already become the most urbanized region in the world
- only English speaking country
- found off the coast, can make them RICH!
- Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia
- Won presidential runoff election in Brazil on Oct 31, 2010
5 True/False questions
Alberto Fujimori → current president of Chile
Plan Colombia → Plan Colombia sharply increased US support to the Colombian military and the National Police, bringing with it a wide variety of military and intelligence related hardware and training, all with the goal of assisting the Government of Colombia in their efforts to resist the depredations of narcotics terrorists.
Dirty War → A Brazilian holiday/festival that occurs four days before Lent in Rio de Janeiro.
Rio de Janeiro → The second largest city in Brazil; it is a major port city and Brazil's former capital
Easter Island → founders of Suriname