6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- President Johnson called his version of the Democratic reform program the Great Society. In 1965, Congress passed many Great Society measures, including Medicare, civil rights legislation, and federal aid to education.
- Seagulls showed up and ate all of the Mormon Crickets that were eating crops
- people elected or appointed to administer a government
- Pres. Day, 3 Mon in Feb; Independence Day, Jul 4; Pioneer Day, Jul 24; Thanksgiving, 4 Thurs in Nov; Christmas, Dec 25; Halloween, Oct 31; New Year's Eve/Day, Dec 31/Jan1
- Ballet West, Salt Lake City, Utah was founded in 1963 by Glenn Walker Wallace, who served as its first president. It was called the Utah Civic Ballet company. Willam F. Christensen was its first artistic director and also established the first ballet department in an American university at the University of Utah in 1951.
- Tipis, Wickiups, Caves, Cliff Dwellings
5 True/False questions
poor Richards Almanac → 1732-1758 containing many sayings called from thinkers of the ages emphasizing such home spun virtues as thrift industry morality and common sense Frankin wrote it
Government Branches → legislative, judiciary, executive
Inventions (Transportation) → The telephone and transatlantic telegraph cablespeeded communication over both short and long distances. They were both primarily used by business at first
Louisiana Purchase → territory in western United States purchased from France in 1803 for $15 million
New Deal → notched throwing stick used by hunters to propel spears farther and faster.