Upgrade to remove ads
History Chapter 19 Test (Jackson Calderaro)
Terms in this set (40)
1. _________was the Japanese General in WWII.
2. _______was the President of the United States during WWII.
3. _______ is the leader/dictator of the USSR / Soviet / Russian during WWII.
4.The ________ was the 1st peacetime draft in U.S.
Selective service act
5.________ pledge that the U.S. would be a good neighbor in regard to _________ countries.
Fdr, Western Hemisphere
6.After Germany invaded Poland by using __________, which means "lightning war" _____ & ______ declared war on Germany.
Blitzkrieg, England, France
7.The NonAggression Pact was signed in 1939 between _____ &______. -
8. _______ was a U.S. General whom defeated Rommel in N. Africa and led the attack on the soft underbelly of Europe.
9. ________ was the leader of the Allied forces in the Pacific.
10. After Roosevelt's death, _________, became president of the United States.
11. The success or failure in the war in Europe depended on if _________ could hold off Germany.
12. During the 1930's, ________ were the common enemy of both Germany and Italy.
13. ________was the leader of the Allied forces in Europe.
14. DDay was the invasion of Normandy, France on ________.
-June 6 1944
15. ________ was an attempt to keep the U.S. out of WWII by barring loans or sale of arms to warring nations.
16. The U.S. amphibious operations in the Pacific were directed by_________.
17. The French government leader that was in exile during WWII was _________.
18. _______ was a quote or term used by F.D.R. to describe the U.S. involvement in WWII in helping the Allies with arms and vessels for war.
19. The last German offensive of WWII was the _________.
Battle of the bulge
20. Following Great Britain Prime Minister ________ resignation, those allowing ________ to become Prime Minister pledged to never surrender.
21. The German General______, nicknamed the ______ was the leader of troops in N. Africa and Normandy, France.
rommel, desert fox
22. Hitler's invasion of Central/Southern Russia was. an attempt to gain the vast supplies of ______ &_______.
23. The _________ was an agreement that allowed Germany to annex parts of Czechoslovakia.
24. Sec. of State Hull urged Congress to pass the ________________ Act of 1934 to mutually lower import duties between countries.
Reciprocal Trade Agreements Act
25. Great Britain got help from F.D.R. by sending them __________ in return for the use of ports in the Caribbean.
50 WWI Destroyers
26. ______ was a great victory for the allies! resulting in the 1st major defeat of the Japanese navy and turning point in the pacific theater.
27. The statement of the principles on which depended "hopes for a better future for the world" and looked forward to a world where people would have the right to choose their own government was ____________.
28. The turning point in Germany's Russian campaign, _______ is where Russia lost more men than the U.S. in the entire war.
Battle of Stalingrad
29. The Japanese surrender of WWII occurred on the battleship ______.
30. A strategy called ______ was the cutting off of Japanese supply lines in the pacific by allied forces.
31. After Japan allied themselves with Germany, the U.S. stopped shipping them ________.
32. The battle of _______, is where British troops saved by ______ private ships were able to get them across the English Channel.
33. ________ British prime minister, followed a policy of _______ in giving into German demands to insure peace.
34. Italy and Sicily were considered the _______ of Europe in an attack against German forces.
35. Japanese pilots called ______ would crash into U.S warships toward the end of the pacific war.
36. Nazi death camps killed over _______ people, of which _______ of the number of Jews.
12 mil, 6 mil
37. The 1st atomic bomb was dropped on ________, 3 days later another one was dropped on _______ which ended the war.
38. _______ was commanding the British general in Europe during WWll.
39. _______ became the 1st member of the ______, a new organization that pledged that all countries signing it have respect and peace and live together peacefully.
USA, United Nations
40. On _______ Pearl Harbor was attacked by Japan, thus thrusting the U.S into WWll
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
History Chapter 19 Crawford 7th Grade WORD FOR WOR…
world war 2
Social Studies -Chapter 27
WW 2 U.S History
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Inherit the Wind Full WS
History Final Exam 7th Grade
Religion Exam - 4Q
English Vocabulary for Success Lesson 6