5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 108 minutes
- Yuri Gagarin
- a How long was Yuri Gagarin in space before ejecting himself from the capsule and parachuting back to Earth?
- b Who was the first human in space?
- c What was the name of the first chimpanzee astronaut?
- d Around how many people have traveled from Earth into space?
- e What must each astronaut carry with them into space?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was the name of the first American satellite in space?
- Who made the first extra-vehicular activity, or space walk, outside their aircraft?
- What is the name of the first spaceship to be launched?
- Did Laika, the first dog to orbit Earth, perish in flight?
- What is the name of the spacecraft that Laika was on?
5 True/False questions
Luna 9 → What is the name of the first spacecraft to leave Earth's gravity?
Place a man in space → What was NASA's first goal?
Laika → What was the name of the first chimpanzee astronaut?
Gordo → What was the name of the first squirrel monkey in space?
Strelka and Belka → On what day was the first human in space?