5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Yuri Gagarin
- Sputnik 2
- Luna 1
- 1 month
- a What is the name of the spacecraft that Laika was on?
- b Who was the first human in space?
- c What was the name of the white rat that the French launched?
- d How long did the Soviets beat the US by to place a man in space?
- e What is the name of the first spacecraft to leave Earth's gravity?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who was the first person to make the first space walk using a hand-controlled MMU?
- What is the name of the first dog that orbited around Earth?
- What month and year did Ham travel into space?
- Who made the first extra-vehicular activity, or space walk, outside their aircraft?
- What insect traveled aboard the space shuttle Challenger in April, 1984?
5 True/False questions
Vostok 1 → What is the name of the first spaceship to be launched?
108 minutes → How often did the Sputnik 1 artificial satellite orbit the Earth?
Explorer 1 → What is the name of the first spacecraft to leave Earth's gravity?
Yes → Around how many people have traveled from Earth into space?
500 → What was the name of the first chimpanzee astronaut?