5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 108 minutes
- Manned Maneuvering Unit
- Place a man in space
- a What was NASA's first goal?
- b What is the Russians word for astronaut?
- c How long was Yuri Gagarin in space before ejecting himself from the capsule and parachuting back to Earth?
- d What does "MMU" stand for? The powered backpack that let the astronauts move freely in space.
- e Did Laika, the first dog to orbit Earth, perish in flight?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was the name of the first chimpanzee astronaut?
- What is the name of the first spacecraft to make a successful landing on the Moon?
- What does "NASA" stand for?
- What year did Bruce McCandless make the first space walk using a hand-controlled MMU?
- What were the names of the first two dogs that returned safely to Earth by parachute in August, 1960?
5 True/False questions
Michael Collins, Buzz Aldrin, and Neil Armstrong → What does "NASA" stand for?
April 12, 1961 → On what day was the first human in space?
Explorer 1 → What was the name of the capsule that Yuri Gagarin orbited the Earth on?
October 4, 1957 → On what day was the first American satellite put into space?
Vostok 1 → What is the name of the first spaceship to be launched?