5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Strelka and Belka
- Aleksei Leonov
- 108 minutes
- a What were the names of the first two dogs that returned safely to Earth by parachute in August, 1960?
- b What year did Bruce McCandless make the first space walk using a hand-controlled MMU?
- c Who made the first extra-vehicular activity, or space walk, outside their aircraft?
- d How long was Yuri Gagarin in space before ejecting himself from the capsule and parachuting back to Earth?
- e Did Laika, the first dog to orbit Earth, perish in flight?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was NASA's first goal?
- What was the name of the first American satellite in space?
- What insect traveled aboard the space shuttle Challenger in April, 1984?
- How often did the Sputnik 1 artificial satellite orbit the Earth?
- What is the name of the first spacecraft to leave Earth's gravity?
5 True/False questions
Sputnik 1 → What is the name of the spacecraft that Laika was on?
12 years → Did Laika, the first dog to orbit Earth, perish in flight?
Hector → What was the name of the white rat that the French launched?
Manned Maneuvering Unit → What does "MMU" stand for? The powered backpack that let the astronauts move freely in space.
October 4, 1957 → What date did Sputnik 1 launch it's first artificial satellite?