5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Parietal occipital sulcus
- Ventricular System
- a the sulcus that separates the parietal from the occipital lobe.
- b system of interconnecting internal cavities filled with cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)
- c the 2nd layer of Meninges. Thin and a non vascular membrane. Located between sub-dural matter and sub arachnoid.
- d Magnetic resonance imaging. Has a better resolution than CAT SCAN. Regular X rays are not sensitive to soft tissue.
- e At 5-7 weeks the ___________ becomes the Telencephalon ( basal ganglia, limbic lobe, cerebral hemispheres.) & the Diencephalon ( thalamus and hypothalamus )
5 Multiple choice questions
- 44. Located on the inferior frontal gyrus. Reffered to as the INTERIOR LANGUAGE CORTEX / Speech production cortex / Expression production cortex
Anatomical name: Area Triangularis
- 1. Skull
3. Dural matter
4. Sub Dural
6. Sub Arachnoid (CSF-cerebral spinal fluid)
7. Pia matter
Then the brain. So the brain is well protected!
- an area made by gray matter. Inferior aspect of frontal lobe. a bundle of olfactory fibers which travel from the olfactory nerve to the olfactory bulb.
- A portion of dural matter. Looks like a knife positioned deep in the longitudinal fissure. Between the two hemispheres of the cerebrum. Helps to separate the right hemisphere from the left hemisphere.
- All nerves except the brain and the spinal cord. The _____ consists of cranial nerves, spinal nerves, and contains the somatic nervous system and the autonomic nervous system which is the parasympathetic and sympathetic
5 True/False questions
Cerebral spinal fluid → separates the parietal lobe from the frontal lobe. Almost 2 cm deep.
Cranial Nerves → Made of 12 pairs of _______ nerves. Pure sensory OR pure motor and some are a combo of both.
Olfaction → Smell. Does not pass through the Thalamus ( sensory gateway of the brain) A part of the Limbic system (emotion of the brain) Smell stimulates emotion. Olfaction is 1 of 2 chemosensory perception
Anosmia → the highly convoluted area on the surface of the cerebrum, includes gyri, sulci. made of gray matter and consists of 6 layers. 2.5 square feet if spread out. Has 14 billion cells
3 vesicles → At 5-7 weeks the Mesencephalon ____________