5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Olfactory bulb
- Neuron doctrine
- a (Dr. Cajal) each neuron is a separate and and independent cell.
- b At 5-7 weeks the ___________ becomes the Telencephalon ( basal ganglia, limbic lobe, cerebral hemispheres.) & the Diencephalon ( thalamus and hypothalamus )
- c At 5-7 weeks the Mesencephalon ____________
- d the first brain structure to pick up smell information from the nose.
- e the 2nd layer of Meninges. Thin and a non vascular membrane. Located between sub-dural matter and sub arachnoid.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the sulcus that separates the parietal from the occipital lobe.
- All parts of both plants and animals are made from cells or are products of cells
- the study of the embryo. after 7 weeks it is referred to as a fetus.
- At 5-7 weeks the __________________ becomes the Metencephalon (cerebellem & pons) and the Myelencephalon (medulla oblongata)
- Space at the bottom of the arachnoid that actually contains the cerebral spinal fluid CSF. Sub means below.
5 True/False questions
Process before the vesicles → Starts as a neural grove, then becomes a neural tube then becomes the 3 vesicles. Small spherical structures.
Corpus callosm → tissue, white matter that connects the right cerebral hemisphere to the left.
Olfactory tract → the first brain structure to pick up smell information from the nose.
Cranial Nerves → separates the parietal lobe from the frontal lobe. Almost 2 cm deep.
Rhombencephalon → 1 of the 3 vesicles of the new embryo at 4th-5th week. Makes the inferior part of the brain ( forebrain )