5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Olfactory bulb
- Cerebral spinal fluid
- Brodmann areas
- a the first brain structure to pick up smell information from the nose.
- b Functional magnetic resonance imaging- Has a good temporal. (time) Quick results.
- c are on the surface and are based on cytoarchitectural descriptions.
- d clear colorless fluid made by a structure in our ventricles referred to as Choroid Plexus. Circulated in the brain and the spinal cord. Features of CSF-acts as a cusion
- e A structure of layers that cover and protect the brain and spinal cord.
5 Multiple choice questions
- open space, potential space. There is a potential space between the dural matter and the skull.
- the sulcus that separates the parietal from the occipital lobe.
- A portion of dural matter that separates the hemispheres of the cerebellum.
- the 2nd layer of Meninges. Thin and a non vascular membrane. Located between sub-dural matter and sub arachnoid.
- (Dr. Cajal) each neuron is a separate and and independent cell.
5 True/False questions
Peripheral Nervous system → the brain and the spinal cord. 30 cm in length.
Does not go all the way down it stops at L1
7 layers protecting the brain → 1. Skull
3. Dural matter
4. Sub Dural
6. Sub Arachnoid (CSF-cerebral spinal fluid)
7. Pia matter
Then the brain. So the brain is well protected!
Corpus callosm → A ________ exists on the Primary motor cortex/Precentral gyrus. Maps out the location of motor activity. Positioned anterior.
operculum → spaces, areas
Prosencephalon → 1 of the 3 vesicles of the new embryo at 4th-5th week. Makes the inferior part of the brain ( forebrain )