5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Spinal Nerves
- Olfactory tract
- Cell theory
- a spaces, areas
- b All parts of both plants and animals are made from cells or are products of cells
- c increased water of the brain. People with Hydrocephaly generate a lot of fluid and their system does not recycle or use it.
- d Made of 31 pairs of ________ nerves. Both sensory and motor nerves. Coming originating from the spinal cord.
- e an area made by gray matter. Inferior aspect of frontal lobe. a bundle of olfactory fibers which travel from the olfactory nerve to the olfactory bulb.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the highly convoluted area on the surface of the cerebrum, includes gyri, sulci. made of gray matter and consists of 6 layers. 2.5 square feet if spread out. Has 14 billion cells
- At 5-7 weeks the __________________ becomes the Metencephalon (cerebellem & pons) and the Myelencephalon (medulla oblongata)
- the first brain structure to pick up smell information from the nose.
- are on the surface and are based on cytoarchitectural descriptions.
- a portion of the brain around the central sulcus. a small lobe that contains precentral and postcentral gyri in the sulcus.
5 True/False questions
Mesencephalon → 1 of the 3 vesicles of the new embryo at the 4th - 5th week. Makes the midbrain.
Sub arachnoid → Space at the bottom of the arachnoid that actually contains the cerebral spinal fluid CSF. Sub means below.
Central sulcus → seen on the side/lateral view of the brain. Separates frontal lobe from the temporal lobe anteriorly and the posterior part of the lateral sulcus separates the temporal lobe from the parietal.
Prosencephalon → 1 of the 3 vesicles of the new embryo at 4th-5th week. Makes the inferior part of the brain ( forebrain )
Transverse fissure → a portion of the brain around the central sulcus. a small lobe that contains precentral and postcentral gyri in the sulcus.