5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Rhetorical Devices
- a A general classification based on common assumptions. Similar to archetype
- b A stanza of three lines
- c Technique that an author or speaker uses to evoke an emotional response in his audience.
- d A reference to a familiar person, event, or work of literature or art
- e A very short tale told by a character in a literary work
5 Multiple choice questions
- In literature generally, a major work dealing with an important theme. E.G. "The Odyssey"
- A monologue by a character who is not addressing another character. Usually a means of expressing the character's thoughts to the audience. Also called interior monologue
- In the plot of a drama, ________ occurs when the protagonist is opposed by some person or force in the play
- A stanza of two lines
- In drama, a method used to build suspense by providing hints of what is to come
5 True/False questions
Diction → Texts that have instructive, factual, and educational information
Figurative Language → Speech or writing used to give an abstract meaning
Concrete Poetry → A poem that visually resembles something found in the physical world. E.G. A poem about a wormy apple written so that the words form the shape of an apple
Elegy → A symbolical narrative; representing the abstract through the concrete.
Literal → A fictional prose work of substantial length