5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Amino Acid
- Dominant Trait
- a The prospect of survival and recovery from a disease as anticipated from the usual course of that disease or indicated by special features of the case
- b An organic moelcule possessing both carboxyl and amino groups, serve as the monomers of proteins
- c An inherited characteristic
- d Capable of being transmitted from person to person, animal to animal, animal to human, or human to animal by contact
- e A genetic trait is considered this if it is expressed in a person who has only one copy of the gene associated with the trait
5 Multiple choice questions
- A chromosome that is not directly involved in determining sex, as opposed to sex chromosome
- Subjective evidence of disease or physical disturbance observed by the patient
- The polypeptide chain of hemoglobin that is designated alpha.
- A condition that appears only in individuals who have received two copies of a mutant gene, one copy from each parent
- A condition in which the blood is deficient in red blood cells, in hemoglobin, or in total volume.
5 True/False questions
Complication → A secondary disease or condition that develops in the course of a primary disease or condition and arises either as a result of it or from independent causes
Mutation → A 3-D biological polymer constructed from a set of 20 different monomers called amino acids
Sex Chromosome → One of the pair of chromosomes responsible for determining the sex of an individual
Hemoglobin → The polypeptide chain of hemoglobin that is designated beta and that when deficient or defective caruses various animals as betahalassemia or sickle cell
Beta-globin → The polypeptide chain of hemoglobin that is designated alpha.