5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Amino Acid
- a Capable of being transmitted from person to person, animal to animal, animal to human, or human to animal by contact
- b An organic moelcule possessing both carboxyl and amino groups, serve as the monomers of proteins
- c A condition in which the blood is deficient in red blood cells, in hemoglobin, or in total volume.
- d A rare change in the genetic material, ultimately creating genetic diversity
- e An iron-containing protein in red blood cells that reversibly binds oxygen
5 Multiple choice questions
- The polypeptide chain of hemoglobin that is designated alpha.
- A condition that appears only in individuals who have received two copies of a mutant gene, one copy from each parent
- A 3-D biological polymer constructed from a set of 20 different monomers called amino acids
- Subjective evidence of disease or physical disturbance observed by the patient
- A secondary disease or condition that develops in the course of a primary disease or condition and arises either as a result of it or from independent causes
5 True/False questions
Trait → A discrete unit of hereditary information
Autosome → A chromosome that is not directly involved in determining sex, as opposed to sex chromosome
Sickle cell → Deformed red blood cells that can lead to numerous symptoms and caused by a genetic mutation in the hemoglobin protein
Gene → A condition in which the blood is deficient in red blood cells, in hemoglobin, or in total volume.
Dominant Trait → A genetic trait is considered this if it is expressed in a person who has only one copy of the gene associated with the trait