Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (154)
1 .How many AFFF stations are there?
2. What is the capacity of the AFFF tanks at the stations?
3. What is the ratio of AFFF concentrate to water?
94% water to 6% AFFF concentrate
4. What is the capacity of the two AFFF fill tanks in the hangar bay?
5. How many repair lockers are there?
6. How many unit lockers are there?
7. Which repair lockers are on the 2nd deck and where are they located?
Rep. 2, Fwd Port Supply male berthing
Rep. 3, Aft Port Reactor lounge
Rep. 4, Fwd Port Medical p-way
Rep. 5, Midship aft mess decks.
8. Which repair lockers are on the main deck and where are they located?
1A Hangar Bay 3, Stbd side by trash room n 1B Hangar Bay 2 Port side 1F Hangar Bay 1 Port side
9. Which repair lockers are on the 03 level and where are they located?
7A Aft Stbd side 7B Midship Stbd side 7F Fwd port side
10. What sizes of SCBA bottles do we have onboard?
30 minute 45 minute
11. What's the minimum PSI an SCBA bottle can be in order to use it in a casualty
12. What locker positions use the 30 minute bottle?
Investigators, repair electrician, and boundary man outside the primary smoke boundary.
13. What locker positions use 45 minute bottles
14. What type of agent is used to combat a class 'A' fire?
Water, CO2, AFFF
15. What type of agent is used to combat a class 'B' fire?
AFFF, PKP, HFP, APC
16. What type of agent is used to combat a class 'C' fire?
17. What method is used to extinguish a class 'D' fire?
18. Who is the Damage Control Officer?
Chief Engineer, CHENG, CDR Groom
19. How do you operate a PKP bottle?
Pull the pin, Activate the CO2 cartage, Spray in a sweep motion
20. How many size PKP bottles do we carry onboard
21. What are the two sizes of the PKP bottles
18lb and 27lb
22. How far does the 18lb PKP bottle discharge
23. How far does the 27lb PKP bottle discharge
24. How do you operate a CO2 bottle?
Pull the pin, Ground the bottle, Hold the horn by the handle, Squeeze lever
25. How far does a CO2 bottle discharge
4-6ft from the end of the horn
26. What is the Box Fan rated at
27. What is the RAM Fan rated at
28. What types of dewatering equipment we use onboard?
P-100 S-type eductor Peri-Jet Eductor ESP Buckets and swabs.
29. What powers the P-100 pump
30. What powers the ESP
31. What types of pipe patches do we use onboard
Soft Patch Jubilee EWARP Banding
32. What does EWARP stand for
Emergency Water Activated Repair Patch
33. What is the Max PSI for the Soft Patch
34. What is the Max PSI for the Jubilee Patch
Upwards of 100psi
35. What is the Max PSI for the EWARP
36. Who serves as the ITT Leader and DCTT Team Leader?
37. Identify the following hand wheel color codes
1.- Steam- White
2.- Potable Water - Dark Blue 3.- Sea water - Dark Green
4.- Sewage - Gold
5.- JP-5 - Purple
6.- Fire main - RED
38. Name three types of shore
39. Which shore is the strongest
40. Why is I type shoring the strongest
It applies direct pressure
41. What are the two sizes of vari nozzle.
1-1/2 (95gpm) - 2-1/2 (125gpm)
42. What size vari nozzle is used inside the skin of the ship
- 1-1/2 (95 gpm)
43. What is the required manning for 1-1/2inch fire hose
44. What is the required manning for 2-1/2 fire hose
45. How many Battle Dressing Stations (BDS) do we have? Name them
Fwd Aux BDS
Aft Aux BDS
Flight Deck BDS
46. How many positions in the repair party? Name them
Repair Party Leader
Engineering Control Centers
Fuel oil stowage
Chemical and dangerous materials(other than oil and gasoline)
Misc. spaces not otherwise covered
Vertical access trunk
- Light Green
- Dark Purple
49. What are the basic material conditions of readiness?
X-ray Yoke Zebra
50. What are the special classifications of material conditions?
- Circle X-ray
- Circle Yoke
- Circle Zebra
- Dog Zebra
- Circle William
51.What type of Firemain System do we have onboard?
- composite system of two(2) 12 inch mains
52. How many Motor Driven Fire Pumps do we have onboard?
53. What is their capacity?
- 1000 gpm
54. What fixed system is used for combating Bravo fires in the galley?
- APC/ Gaylord system
55. What NSTM is considered the DC Bible?
- NSTM 555
56. What type of gas mask do we carry onboard?
57. What canister is used in conjunction with the MCU-2P gas mask?
- C-2 Canister
58. What paper detects chemical agents in the liquid form?
- M8 paper
59. M-256 kit detects agents in what form?
60. What agents does M8 paper detect?
- Nerve and Blister
61. What agents does the M-256 kit detect?
- Nerve, Blood, and Blister
62. What color does M8 paper turn when it detects an agent?
- Red, Green, and Yellow
63. What suit do you don during a CBR attack?
64. What does JSLIST stand for?
- Joint Service Lightweight Integrated Suit Technology
65. What is the shelf life of the JSLIST?
66. What is the Casualty communication circuit?
67. What is another name for the X40J?
- Pumpkin Reel
68. How many CO2 hose reels do we have onboard?
69. How many over board discharge connections do we have?
70. What is the purpose of over board discharge connections?
- To pump over the side if a flooding casualty takes place on the inside of the skin of the ship
71. Where are over board discharge connections located?
- On the 2nd deck
72. Who's permission do you need to pump over the side using the over board discharge connections?
73. What's another name for the 2nd deck?
74. What's another name for the 03 level?
- Gallery deck
1. How many catapults do we have?
2. How many catapults can we fire simultaneously (at the same time)?
3. How many gallons of feedwater do the catapults hold?
4. What is the minimum main steam supply pressure needed to launch aircraft?
5. How much feed water is required to perform a catapult shot?
6. What is the trough fire suppression system?
- Uses steam to smother fires inside the trough.
7. What size risers do we use to supply the catapults?
- 10 inch and 2 inch
7. How many A/C units do we have?
8. What is the A/C capacity?
- 800 ton/Remove 9,600,000 BTUs of heat
9. How many Reefers do we have?
10. What is the Reefer capacity?
7 ton/Remove 84,000 BTUs of heat
11. What is the primary purpose of A/C?
- To keep electronic equipment cool
12. What is the secondary purpose of A/C?
13. What is a TXV?
- Thermal Expansion Valve (used to meter (regulate) the amount of refrigerant entering the evaporator coil.)
14. How many phases are there to the refrigeration cycle? What are they?
- 4 cycles. Compression, Condensation, Expansion, Evaporation
15. What type of refrigerant do we use on board?
- R-134A (Tetrafluoroethane)
16. How many chill water loops do we have on board? What areas do they feed?
- 1 to 3 loops. Forward Loop, Midship Loop, Aft & Island Loop
17. What is the primary function of the water regulating valve (WRV)
- To maintain constant refrigerant condensing pressure by controlling the quantity of circulating water flowing through the condenser. Actuated by refrigerant pressure.
18. How many O2N2 plants do we have?
19. Where are they located?
- HB1 port side
- HB3 starboard side
20. What are the uses of O2 ?
- Pilots breathing air, medical and dental
21. What are the uses of N2 ?
- Inflating aircraft tires, re-boiler lay-ups and pilot injection seat
22. What two things do you never want to have come in contact with O2?
- Petroleum products and open flames
23. What percentage of breathable air is Oxygen? What percent is Nitrogen?
- 21% O2. 78% N2
24. At what temperature does oxygen liquefy?
- minus 297 degrees Fahrenheit
25. What type of nitrogen do we produce on board?
- Gaseous nitrogen @ 24 scfm @ 5000 psig
26. What are the advantages of gaseous nitrogen?
- Does not expand or contract due to temperature changes, does not create static charge as it passes over material surfaces.
19. How many list control tanks do we have?
20. Where are they located?
- Port and starboard side, frames 96 to 148, between the 4th and 6th decks.
21. How many list control pumps do we have?
22. How much can each pump transfer per minute?
23. Which side of the ship has more capacity?
- Port side. To offset the weight of the island.
24. What is our standard list during flight operations?
- ¼ to ½ degree to port
25. Where are the list control pumps located?
- 4A shaft alley
26. What other ways can we adjust the ship's list?
- move fuel, move aircraft, move Tilly
27. What do we use to fill the list control tanks?
- potable water/sea water in emergency situations.
26. What does VCHT stand for?
- Vacuum Collection Holding and Transfer
27. How many VCHT plants do we have?
28. How many eductor (ejector) vacuum pumps are in each plant?
29. How many nautical miles out do we need to be to pump over the side?
30. What type of toxic gas is produced during a sewage spill? What does it smell like?
- (H2s) smells like rotten eggs
31. How many modes of steering are there?
32. What are the 5 modes of steering?
- Automatic, Follow-up, Non follow-up, trick wheel, emergency
33. Where is the automatic mode controlled from?
- Bridge, pilot house
34. Name the watches stationed in aft steering
-Restricted Maneuver- Helm Safety O, Master Helmsman, Operator, Electrician
-Normal- 2 Helmsman, Steering gear Operator, Steering gear Electrician
35. What is the maximum degree of deflection of the rudders?
- 35 degrees starboard and port. 30 degrees under normal conditions.
36. What are the maneuvering control circuits?
- 1JV, X1JV cross connected
37. What is the Restricted maneuvering doctrine for?
- Operational philosophy for propulsion plan when maximum propulsion and uninterrupted electrical power are vital for safety of the ship.
38. What is the maximum speed of rudder movement?
- 2 1/3 degrees per second, full swing 35 degrees port to 35 degrees starboard in 30 seconds.
39. What is the rudder speed for emergency steering?
- 1/8 degree per second, 25 degrees port to 25 degrees starboard with ship speeds up to 15 knots
40. What is the purpose of degaussing?
- To reduce the magnetic signature of the ship
41. How many degaussing coils do we have?
42. What are the four coils?
- A coil, M coil, FP-QP coil, FI-QI coil
43. Where is the remote control panel located?
- Bridge, pilot house
44. What are the ratings for the Ship Service Turbine Generator (SSTG)
- 4160 volts, 60 hertz, 1388 amps, 8 mega watts (8000 kilowatts)
45. What are the ratings for the Emergency Diesel Generators (EDG)
- 4160 volts, 60 hertz, 347 amps, 2 mega watts (2000 kilowatts)
46. What is 60 hertz power used for?
- General power and lighting
47. What is 400 hertz power used for?
Electronic equipment, radars, radio, missile launching systems
48. How many Air Craft Elevators do we have?
49. What is the surface area of each elevator?
4000 square feet
50. How many Weapons Elevators do we have?
6 lower stage, 3 upper stage
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
ESWS - ENGINEERING
ESWS CVN68 ENGINEERING
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
ESWS Re-Qual ?
Cargo Equipment Handling and Stowage