5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- law of the 12 tables
- romulus and remus
- a Gave equality to all Romans, but it would take ~150 more years before Plebeian laws were applied to everybody.
- b Traditional story of how Rome began. Twins abandoned and rescued by a wolf, raised by a shepherd . Grew to build Rome. Romulus later killed Remus
- c In ancient Rome, an official elected by the plebeians to protect their rights.
- d command, power, empire
- e Roman general and dictator (138-78 BC)
5 Multiple choice questions
- brothers who tried to reform the Roman Empire by giving back Latifundias to the small farmers but were assassinated
- ancient city is southeastern Italy where Hannibal defeated the Romans in 216 BC
- the battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War
- He was the Roman statesman who hated Carthage and started the Third Punic War
- the naval battle in which Antony and Cleopatra were defeated by Octavian's fleet under Agrippa in 31 BC
5 True/False questions
plebians → supporters of the republic
etruscans → a landowning upper class in rome
assemblies → primary job was to elect the magistrates and had both patricians and plebians
scipio africanus → Roman general who commanded the invasion of Carthage in the second Punic War and defeated Hannibal at Zama (circa 237-183 BC)
senate → (in ancient Rome) overseer of morals (also taking the census); person who eliminates inappropriate matter; V.