5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- romulus and remus
- cursus honorum
- 44 bc
- a year julius ceasar led toops into britain
- b a vote that blocks a decision
- c the path of honor, to move up a level in the political sense
- d Traditional story of how Rome began. Twins abandoned and rescued by a wolf, raised by a shepherd . Grew to build Rome. Romulus later killed Remus
- e bundle of rods containing an axe with the blade protruding
5 Multiple choice questions
- Ruled the east while Octavian ruled the west. Defeated by Octavian because the greek senate declared war on them due to Octavians supporting words. Committed suicide with Cleopatra after seeing no escape
- The period from 507 to 31 B.C.E., during which Rome was largely governed by the aristocratic Roman Senate. (p. 148)
- a river in Italy. On the night of January 10, 49 BC, Caesar took his army across it. He marched his army swiftly toward Rome, and Pompey fled.
- In ancient Rome, a political leader given absolute power to make laws and command the army for a limited time.
- the battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War
5 True/False questions
hannibal → ancient city is southeastern Italy where Hannibal defeated the Romans in 216 BC
consuls → General who defeated Spartacus. Crucified 6,600 slaves on the Alpennine way. He later served in the First Triumvirate.
latifundia → huge estates bought up by newly wealthy roman citizens
tribune → a Roman general who was elected consul seven times- he is known for the big changes he made to the Roman army, making it easier for men to be Roman soldiers
carthage → ancient city is southeastern Italy where Hannibal defeated the Romans in 216 BC