5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- marc antony
- 44 bc
- 1st triumvirate
- a Ruled the east while Octavian ruled the west. Defeated by Octavian because the greek senate declared war on them due to Octavians supporting words. Committed suicide with Cleopatra after seeing no escape
- b year julius ceasar led toops into britain
- c Roman general and statesman who quarrelled with Caesar and fled to Egypt where he was murdered (106-48 BC)
- d The first attempt of the men by the names of Caesar, Crassus, and Pompey who try to save the replublic. Caesar gains this power
- e command, power, empire
5 Multiple choice questions
- present in Rome began in 43 BC. It was comprised of Octavian, an experienced general Marc Antony, and a powerful politician Lepidus. They ruled for ten years until their alliance ended in jealousy and violence.
- (in ancient Rome) overseer of morals (also taking the census); person who eliminates inappropriate matter; V.
- The period from 507 to 31 B.C.E., during which Rome was largely governed by the aristocratic Roman Senate. (p. 148)
- Roman statesman who established the Roman Empire and became emperor in 27 BC
- brothers who tried to reform the Roman Empire by giving back Latifundias to the small farmers but were assassinated
5 True/False questions
sulla → the battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War
patricians → supporters of the republic
patrons → supporters of the republic
aeneas → In ancient Rome, the supreme governing body, originally made up only of aristocrats.
actium → the naval battle in which Antony and Cleopatra were defeated by Octavian's fleet under Agrippa in 31 BC