5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 1st triumvirate
- a primary job was to elect the magistrates and had both patricians and plebians
- b ancient city is southeastern Italy where Hannibal defeated the Romans in 216 BC
- c In ancient Rome, an official elected by the plebeians to protect their rights.
- d The first attempt of the men by the names of Caesar, Crassus, and Pompey who try to save the replublic. Caesar gains this power
- e command, power, empire
5 Multiple choice questions
- Gave equality to all Romans, but it would take ~150 more years before Plebeian laws were applied to everybody.
- the high priest of Rome, the head of Roman state religion; he appointed and oversaw the vestal virgins.
- a Roman general who was elected consul seven times- he is known for the big changes he made to the Roman army, making it easier for men to be Roman soldiers
- In ancient Rome, a political leader given absolute power to make laws and command the army for a limited time.
- means "our sea" nickname for Mediterranean sea for Romans
5 True/False questions
plebians → The son of Venus and Anchises, he was a noble fighter for Troy during the Trojan War. He escaped from Troy as the Greeks were sacking the city and went off in search of a place to establish the new Troy. He settled in Italy, where his descendants founded the city of Rome.
julius ceasar → Roman statesman who established the Roman Empire and became emperor in 27 BC
hannibal → ancient city is southeastern Italy where Hannibal defeated the Romans in 216 BC
sulla → the battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War
2nd triumvirate → The first attempt of the men by the names of Caesar, Crassus, and Pompey who try to save the replublic. Caesar gains this power