5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Phallic stage
- science of human development
- social construction
- cross sequential research
- Case study
- a a hybrid research method in which researchers first study several groups od people of different ages (a cross-sectional approach) and then follow those groups over the years (a longitudinal approach). Also called cohort-sequential research or time-sequential research
- b An idea that is built on shared perceptions not on objective reality. Many age related terms, such as childhood, adolescence, yuppie, and senior citizen, are social constructions.
- c the science that seeks to understand how and why people of all ages and circumstances change or remain the same over time
- d is an intensive studey of one individual
- e freud's third stage of development, when the penis becomes the focus of concern and pleasure (3-6 years)
5 Multiple choice questions
- a time when a certain type of development is most likely to happen and happens most easily. If that development does not occur duing this time, it could still occur later. Example: early childhood is considered a sensitive period for language learning. Example: Language
- time system
- psychoanalytic theory, behaviorism, and cognitive theories.
- A way to answer questions that requires empircal research and date based conclusions.
- A grand theory of human development that holds that irrational, unconscious drives and motives, often originating in childhood, underlie human behavior
5 True/False questions
mesosystem → Consists of the relationships that exist between two or more persons in the developing person's life (parent to parent, teacher to parent) connections between microsystems
critical period → a time when a certain type of development is most likely to happen and happens most easily. If that development does not occur duing this time, it could still occur later. Example: early childhood is considered a sensitive period for language learning. Example: Language
difference-equals-deficit error → the mistaked belief that a deviation from some norm is necessarily inferior to behavior or characteristics that meet the standard
trust vs mistrust → is an intensive studey of one individual
Latency → a general term for the traits, capacities, and limitations that each individual inherits genetically from his or her parents at the moment of conception. ( refers to the influence of genes that people inherit)