5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Drawing a conclusion based on too little information
- b A process that occurs when people from different cultures come into contact and accept and create space for one another. The customs, traditions, technologies, beliefs and languages of bothe cultures may be affected.
- c The erasing of differences. When this term is applied to people, it often refers to the erasing of cultural differences so that peoples become more and more similar.
- d The combining of elements of two or more different things to create something new.
- e Refers to being separated from the rest of the society, forced to occupy the fringes and edges and not to be at the centre of things.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A process that occurs when the culture of a minority group is absorbed by another culture. The cultural identity of the minority group disappears as its members take on the identity of the other culture.
- A business strategy that involves reducing costs by using suppliers of products and services in countries where labour is cheaper and government regulation may be less strict.
- The gathering of ownership of newspapers and other media in the hands of a few large corporations.
- Ideas and information spread for the purpose of achieving a specific goal.
- The process by which the world's citizens are becoming increasingly connected and interdepentent
5 True/False questions
Pop Culture → The cultural changes that occur when two cultures accommodate, or adapt to, each other's worldviews.
Glocal → The idea that things that happen at a global level affect things at a local level.
Acculturation → The cultural changes that occur when two cultures accommodate, or adapt to, each other's worldviews.
Digital Divide → The gap that separates people who do and do not have access to up-to-date digital technology.
Integration → Is the movement of minority groups such as ethnic minorities, refugees and underprivileged sections of a society into the mainstream of societies.