5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The idea that things that happen at a global level affect things at a local level.
- b A process that occurs when people from different cultures come into contact and accept and create space for one another. The customs, traditions, technologies, beliefs and languages of bothe cultures may be affected.
- c Is the movement of minority groups such as ethnic minorities, refugees and underprivileged sections of a society into the mainstream of societies.
- d The cultural changes that occur when two cultures accommodate, or adapt to, each other's worldviews.
- e The erasing of differences. When this term is applied to people, it often refers to the erasing of cultural differences so that peoples become more and more similar.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The spread of culture, trends, customs and practices around the world.
- A process that occurs when the culture of a minority group is absorbed by another culture. The cultural identity of the minority group disappears as its members take on the identity of the other culture.
- Drawing a conclusion based on too little information
- The gathering of ownership of newspapers and other media in the hands of a few large corporations.
- A business strategy that involves reducing costs by using suppliers of products and services in countries where labour is cheaper and government regulation may be less strict.
5 True/False questions
Stereotyping → Placing people in categories according to preconcieved beliefs about how members of a particular group think or behave.
Personal Identity → The persisting distinct personality of an individual.
Globalization → The process by which the world's citizens are becoming increasingly connected and interdepentent
Marginalization → Refers to being separated from the rest of the society, forced to occupy the fringes and edges and not to be at the centre of things.
Propaganda → The idea that things that happen at a global level affect things at a local level.