5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cultural Revitalization
- Pop Culture
- a The process by which the world's citizens are becoming increasingly connected and interdepentent
- b Current cultural trends that are spread by commercial mass media.
- c The spread of culture, trends, customs and practices around the world.
- d A process that occurs when people from different cultures come into contact and accept and create space for one another. The customs, traditions, technologies, beliefs and languages of bothe cultures may be affected.
- e The process of reaffirming and promoting people's individual and collective cultural identity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Ideas and information spread for the purpose of achieving a specific goal.
- A company that is based in one country while developing and manufacturing its products, or delivering its goods and services, in more than one country.
- The gathering of ownership of newspapers and other media in the hands of a few large corporations.
- Placing people in categories according to preconcieved beliefs about how members of a particular group think or behave.
- The cultural changes that occur when two cultures accommodate, or adapt to, each other's worldviews.
5 True/False questions
Integration → Is the movement of minority groups such as ethnic minorities, refugees and underprivileged sections of a society into the mainstream of societies.
Glocal → The process by which the world's citizens are becoming increasingly connected and interdepentent
Hybridization → The combining of elements of two or more different things to create something new.
Media Convergence → The use of electronic technology to integrate media such as newspapers, books, TV and the internet.
Overgeneralizing → Refers to being separated from the rest of the society, forced to occupy the fringes and edges and not to be at the centre of things.