5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Collective Identity
- a The spread of culture, trends, customs and practices around the world.
- b The cultural changes that occur when two cultures accommodate, or adapt to, each other's worldviews.
- c Refers to an individuals' sense of belonging to a group.
- d A process that occurs when the culture of a minority group is absorbed by another culture. The cultural identity of the minority group disappears as its members take on the identity of the other culture.
- e Placing people in categories according to preconcieved beliefs about how members of a particular group think or behave.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Current cultural trends that are spread by commercial mass media.
- The idea that things that happen at a global level affect things at a local level.
- The erasing of differences. When this term is applied to people, it often refers to the erasing of cultural differences so that peoples become more and more similar.
- A process that occurs when people from different cultures come into contact and accept and create space for one another. The customs, traditions, technologies, beliefs and languages of bothe cultures may be affected.
- The combining of elements of two or more different things to create something new.
5 True/False questions
Globalization → The process by which the world's citizens are becoming increasingly connected and interdepentent
Media Concentration → The gathering of ownership of newspapers and other media in the hands of a few large corporations.
Digital Divide → The gap that separates people who do and do not have access to up-to-date digital technology.
Media Convergence → The use of electronic technology to integrate media such as newspapers, books, TV and the internet.
Marginalization → Refers to being separated from the rest of the society, forced to occupy the fringes and edges and not to be at the centre of things.