5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cultural Revitalization
- a The process by which the world's citizens are becoming increasingly connected and interdepentent
- b Drawing a conclusion based on too little information
- c The process of reaffirming and promoting people's individual and collective cultural identity.
- d A process that occurs when the culture of a minority group is absorbed by another culture. The cultural identity of the minority group disappears as its members take on the identity of the other culture.
- e A process that occurs when people from different cultures come into contact and accept and create space for one another. The customs, traditions, technologies, beliefs and languages of bothe cultures may be affected.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The cultural changes that occur when two cultures accommodate, or adapt to, each other's worldviews.
- The gap that separates people who do and do not have access to up-to-date digital technology.
- The use of electronic technology to integrate media such as newspapers, books, TV and the internet.
- The persisting distinct personality of an individual.
- Current cultural trends that are spread by commercial mass media.
5 True/False questions
Media Concentration → The use of electronic technology to integrate media such as newspapers, books, TV and the internet.
Transnational Corporation → A company that is based in one country while developing and manufacturing its products, or delivering its goods and services, in more than one country.
Glocal → The process by which the world's citizens are becoming increasingly connected and interdepentent
Outsourcing → Placing people in categories according to preconcieved beliefs about how members of a particular group think or behave.
Collective Identity → Refers to an individuals' sense of belonging to a group.