Which of the following scenarios depicts an individual using symbolic substitutes as a coping strategy?
1. Despite knowledge of the health consequences, a health care provider smokes a pack a day, and two packs every Monday. The individual reports smoking as "soothing"
2. Your client has been in recovery form alcohol and chemical dependence for 25 years. The client states, "When I don't know what else to do I go to bed. i always feel better when I get out of bed."
3. Your co-worker, a psychiatric-mental health nurse, does not believe psychotherapy whould be effective for herself. "I'm into self-analysis. I usually get what I need as i meditate the problem"
4. Your friend informs you that when she is stressed, she copes with massages, mancures, and osmetic makeovers. "When my body looks better and feels better, it makes me feel emotionally grounded, like the outside mirrors the inside."
4. Rationale: For this individual, physical appearance and comfort are a symbolic substitute for management of emotional tension