Upgrade to remove ads
Chapter 23: Facials
Terms in this set (50)
1. When removing a cleanser from the eye area, it should be done with damp facial sponges or cotton pads.
in upward and outward movements
2. When performing a skin analysis with a magnifying lamp, the first thing the technician should look for is the presence or absence of.
3. Skin that may be flaky or dry looking, with small, fine lines and wrinkles is characterized as.
4. Oily skin or skin that produces too much sebum may appear shiny or greasy and have.
5. When a follicle becomes clogged, resulting in an infection of the follicle, it is caused by a type of acne bacteria called.
6. Red pimples that do not have a pus head are referred to as.
7. Which of these is a skin condition caused by sun exposure or hormone imbalances resulting in dark blotches of color on areas of the skin?
8. Which of these is a chronic hereditary disorder indicated by constant or frequent facial blushing?
9. Cosmetology professionals must not perform treatments that remove beyond the.
10. Which of these is a gentle, natural occurring exfoliation acid that helps dissolve the bonds and intercellular cement between cells?
Alpha hydroxy acid
11. A is a concentrated product designed to penetrate the skin and treat various skin conditions and is applied under a moisturizer sunscreen.
12. The thin, open-meshed fabric of loosely woven cotton that used to hold the mask on the face is called.
13. Which massage movement is a light, continuous stroking ow movement applied in a slow, rhythmic manner with the fingers or palms?
14. Which of these is a form of pétrissage in which the tissue is grasped, gently lifted, and spread out?
15. What is the most stimulating form of massage that should be applied with care and discretion?
16. The point on the skin that covers the muscle where pressure or stimulation willl cause contraction of the muscle is referred to as the?
17. When using a brushing machine to perform an exfoliation, the skin should be treated with a(n).
fairly thick layer of cleanser or moisturizer
18. The process of softening and emulsifying hardened sebum stuck in the follicles is called.
19. The process of using galvanic current to enable water- soluble products that contain ions to penetrate the skin is called.
20. The therapeutic use of plant aromas for beauty and health treatment is.
21. If you use harsh scrubs on sensitive skin, it can.
22. Sun-damaged skin is often confused with.
23. Salon AHA exfoliants should never be used unless the client has been using 10 percent AHA products at home for prior to the higher concentration salon treatment, has no contraindications for exfoliation treatment, and is using a daily facial sunscreen product.
at least two weeks
24. Compared to day-use products, night treatments are usually.
25. One of the biggest benefits of massage is that it.
increases product absorption
26. Clay-based masks are oil-absorbing cleansing masks that have an exfoliating and effect on oily and combination skin.
27. Alginate masks are often based.
28. Ingredients that attract water are known as.
29. A(n) is a hair follicle impacted with solidified sebum and dead cell buildup that appears as small bumps just underneath the skin's surface.
30. Which type of mask contains special crystals of gypsum?
31. Which of these terms refers to a lack of lipids?
32. Lotions that help rebalance the pH and remove remnants of cleanser from the skin are called.
33. A(n) is an applicator for directing the electric current from a machine to the client's skin.
34. The opening of a follicle called the.
35. Which of these is a type of chemical exfoliant that works by dissolving keratin protein in the surface cells of the skin?
36. A(n) is an individual dose of serum contained in a small vial.
37. The rapid shaking of the body part while the balls of the fingertips are pressed firmly on the point of application is called.
38. Products used to physically remove dead cell buildup are called.
39. The manual or mechanical manipulation of the body by rubbing, gently pinching, kneading, tapping, and other movements is called.
40. Which of these terms avolding certain treatments, procedures, or products to refers to a condition that requires prevent undesirable side effects?
41. A(n) is a peeling cream that is rubbed off of the skin.
42. Which of these is a condition in which areas of the skin have distended capillaries and diffuse redness?
43. Electrical treatments are contraindicated on clients.
with metal bone pins in the body
44. The cosmetologist should avoid wearing which type of jewelry while administering a facial treatment?
45. Mild exfoliation will.
46. Moisturizers for oily skin are most often in form.
47. Modelage masks and are very beneficial for dry, mature skin.
increase blood circulation
48. When performing pétrissage.
you lift, squeeze, and press the tissue
49. Which type of massage involves grasping the flesh firmly in one hand and moving the hand up and down along the bone while the other hand keeps the arm or leg in a steady position?
50. Hacking is performed with which part of the hands?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Chapter 23 Facials
Chapter 23 Facials
Ch 23 facials
NICCR (chpt. 23 Facials)
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Chapter 32: The Salon Business
Chapter 31: On The Job
Chapter 30: Preparing For Licensure & Employment
Chapter 29: Light Cured Gels