5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Small Intestine
- a burning pain in the chest occurring when part of the stomach contents escapes into the esophagus
- b fingerlike projections of the small intestinal mucosa that tremendously increase its surface area for absorption.
- c a chronic disease of the liver, characterized by an overgrowth of connective tissue or fibrosis.
- d an accumulation of bile pigments in the blood producing a yellow color of the skin.
- e Digestive organ where most chemical digestion and absorption of food takes place, Digestion and absorption of food occurs in the small intestine. Here, food is acted on by various enzymes from the small intestine and pancreas and by bile from the liver.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a rounded mass of food prepared by the mouth for swallowing.
- Partially digested, semiliquid food mixed with digestive enzymes and acids in the stomach.
- the sac beneath the right lobe of the liver used for bile storage.
- gland posterior to the stomach, between the spleen and the duodenum; produces both endocrine and exocrine secretions.
- Glands of the mouth that produce saliva, a digestive secretion
5 True/False questions
Liver → A large solid organ that lies in the right upper quadrant immediately below the diaphragm; it produces bile, stores glucose for immediate use by the body, and produces many substances that help regulate immune responses., Breaks down toxins, such as alcohol and processes nutrients into forms easier for the rest of your body to use.
Constipation → Inflammation of the liver
Appendicitis* → Inflammation of the appendix
Peristalsis → Inflammation of the liver
Diverticulosis → Abnormal condition of small pouches in the lining of the intestines.