5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Expressed Powers
- parliamentary government
- Checks and Balances
- Unicameral Legislature
- a a political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them
- b A form of government in which the executive branch is made up of the prime minister, or premier, and that official's cabinet. Prime minister is also pat of the legislative branch.
- c a legislature with one chamber
- d A system that allows each branch of government to limit the powers of the other branches in order to prevent abuse of power
- e powers that congress has that are specifically listed in the constitution
5 Multiple choice questions
- segergation was declared unconstitutional.
- independent agencies designed to regulate important aspects of the nations economy
- Were extremely ineffective and not powerful; most authority was given to the individual states. Weak central government, couldn't tax and needed a unanimous vote.
- Established Judical review.
- a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.) Not responsible for the will of the people.
5 True/False questions
State Supreme Courts → were created to handle some of the case load.
constitutional monarchy → powers that are shared by both the federal and state governments
McCulloch Vs Maryland → Established Judical review.
Regulation of Interstate Commerce → Final say of matters
communist government → uses supply and demand. People decide what they want to do.