5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ratzel's "organic theory"
- carrying capacity
- a the amount of people a given area can support
- b states that do not expand their land area would disintegrate like an organism that fails to find food.
- c the world's largest ethnic religion
- d physical separation of different races into separate geographic areas; separate is never equal (Brown v. Board 1954)
- e stateless nation
5 Multiple choice questions
- importance expressed by Alfred Mahan and agreed with by Theodore Roosevelt; what is the Great White Fleet
- common language can be used for purposes like international communication
- migrants tend to be younger, single, and male
- group of people with common ethnic and poltical identity, or cultural centrepetal force like a football team. Go Gators!
- control a territory that is already inhabited
5 True/False questions
diaspora → part of Jewish history as they have been scattered from their hearth for generations
agricultural density → number of people supported by a unit area of arable land; land that can be used to grow stuff, like beets, "right Tinky Winky?"
geometric boundaries → natural boundaries long before the areas became populated; think Himalayas
dependency ratio → process of countries becoming independent from their colonial rulers; Mexico becomes independent; Happy Cinco DeMayo
hierarchical diffusion → how soccer became a globalized sport