Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (22)
A PT must complete how many contact hrs of continuing competence during ea 2 yr licensure period?
When does Licensure period begin and end
Begins September 1st of EVEN # YEARS
Ends August 31st of the following EVEN # YEARS
How many of the 20 contact hrs are from Category A?
At least 10 ( No more than 5 from non clinical course work)
No more than ____ contact hrs may be utilized form a combination of activities from categories B and C.
10 (No more than 5 from non clinical course work)
If PTs initial license was granted for < than 1 yr how many contact hrs shall the licensee have and with wich categorie(s)
10-all from A
If PTs intial license was granted from < than 2 yrs but > than 1 yr the licensee shal have ______ contact hr requirements for that periord.
How many contact hours must come from Category A?
2. 10 from Category A
What is a Category A activity?
1.Accredited medical, pt, health care education program.
2. National or state medical, pt or health care association or comp of that association.
3. national medical, pt or health care SPECIALITY SOCIETY.
Examples of Category A
1. continuing education courses
2. PT clinical specialty certification coursework
3.Clinical residency coursework
4. Post grad PT edu. form accredited college/university
Under Category A- Ea 60 min of instruction = _____ contact hr(s)
1 contact hr
T or F
Category B activities are approved for contact hrs
Explanation: Category B encompass activities NOT approved for contact hrs by category A organizations.
List the 3 category B activities
1. Study group (min 3 people)
2. Self-instruction which may be directed by a correspondance course, video, internet or satellite program.
3. Attending in-service pertaining to PT or pt welfare/safety (INCLUDING CPR CERTIFICATION)
What is the MAX contact hrs for category B
What are category C activities?
1. Teaching/Lecturing Health care professionals.
2. Practice Management (ethics, admin, law, reimbursement)
What is the Max contact hrs for category C
When are audits submitted and how
via certified mail ON OR BEFORE OCtober 31st following the August 31st licensure renewal deadline
Sets with similar terms
EMT Basic Jurisprudence Quiz
HM Manual- CH 3