Upgrade to remove ads
A & P II Quiz 3
Terms in this set (12)
1. The volume of blood that the heart ejects into the circulation each minute is called the_________.
During exercise, vagal activity diminishes and sympathetic activity increases. This, together with increased levels of circulating epinephrine, results in _____ heart rate.
3. Stroke volume at rest is appreciably higher in very fit individuals
4. An increase in heart rate corresponds to a shortening of the cardiac cycle. MOST of this shortening occurs in the ______ interval
5. Give the formula for Cardiac Output (CO).
CO=HR x SV =70 x 0.07≈ 5.0 liters/min.
6. Gas exchange between air and blood occurs in the alveolar air sacs?
7. What method is used for a fast and reliable screening of patients suspected of having Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)?
8. Many important aspects of lung function can be determined by measuring airflow and the corresponding changes in __________.
The volume of gas expands with cooling.
10._______________ consists of repeated cycles of inspiration followed by expiration.
The volume of air remaining in the lungs after a full expiration, residual volume (RV), cannot be measured by spirometry. WHY NOT?
AS A VOLUNTEER IS UNABLE TO EXHALE ANY FURTHER.
When the concentration of dissolved gas is proportional to the partial pressure of the gas, what is this known as?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
SES 322 Exam 3
exercise physiology chapt 9
Cardiovascular System and Exercise
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Sight Words 1st Nine Weeks
General Experimental psychology
Judgment & Decision Making CH.1,2,3,4
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
Business Law exam 1
Layer Housing Systems Julie
New chapter 5