5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Monte Cassino
- a In AD 520 Benedict established a monastery at ....
- b scientist who studies the life and culture of ancient peoples by excavating ancient living sites
- c A _______ is a training school for the proper education of priests.
- d What is the key driving force behind the Crusades?
- e Material deposited by a river that creates fertile soil ...
5 Multiple choice questions
- _______ vowed (and did) convert to Catholicism if he was victorious in battle.
- Institutions such as _______ and the courts of law set bounds to British Monarchs.
- The transfer of customs, ideas, and goods is known as ...
- Italian cities such as _______ and _______ became prosperous as a result of increased trade.
- Catholicism power was threatened by _______ popularity in Northern Europe.
5 True/False questions
Tigris, Euphrates → The earliest cities that archaeologists have discovered lie in the valley of the _______ river and ________ river.
Wars of the Roses → Henry VII, the first Tudor Monarch, became king after the _______
Cardinals → The Pope is elected by a gathering of these high Church officials known as ...
Muslims → The _______ or city-state, was the basic political unit of Hellenic civilization.
Forum → The romans used a _______ to keep a road straight while under construction.