5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Vatican City
- a richly ornate, flamboyant at and architecture style developed in Europe in the 1550s
- b According to Islam, _______ ascended to heaven from the above holy city.
- c _______ sculptured a famous marble statue of David.
- d The Roman Catholic Church has its heart in Rome's ....
- e _______ was the first sculptor since ancient times to cast a statue in bronze.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Uncultivated land, to leave unseeded during a growing season.
- The Olympic games were held in order to honor the god ...
- Where was the first telescope from?
- Name of the book which offended the church
- A monk's live was one of poverty, chastity and obedience to an _______ or monastery head.
5 True/False questions
Senate → When Roman magistrates retired they became members of the _______.
Tiber → tracts of land with peasant laborers given by Frankish kings to warriors, courts, and local officials.
Amerigo Vespucci → In the 1400s Florence came under the rule of the rule of the _______ family.
Military → What according to Galileo is the book of nature written in?
Drakkar → non-religious