5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Natural Law
- a a universal moral law that can be understood by applying reason, first proposed in the 1600s
- b When Roman magistrates retired they became members of the _______.
- c To raise capital (money) for his military enterprises Charles Martel gave tracts of land called _______ to warriors.
- d This Frankish king converted to Catholicism after he was victorious in battle
- e Church ceremonies, masses, were said in _______ a language that few people understood.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A priest named Ignatius Loyota founded a new religious order known as the ...
- What age did a nobleman's son begin training for knighthood?
- Depth of a vessel's keen below the water
- Pope Paul III organized a council of bishops in 1545 which became known as the ....
- A _______ is a community in which the people elect their leaders.
5 True/False questions
Pope Urban II → The first crusade was ordered by ...
Nero → In order to prove a theory _______ developed calculus an entirely new system of mathematics.
Constantinople → _______ believed that the earth was round and that it rotated on its axis.
Johannes Gutenberg → The Protestant Reformation was begun by ...
Hammer → The Viking cargo ship was known as a ..