5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a state of profound unconsciousness
- b a manner or style of walking
- c study of the mind (a profession that involves dealing with the mind and mental processes in relation to human behavior)
- d excessive sensitivity (to stimuli)
- e lack of muscle coordination
5 Multiple choice questions
- pertaining to below the dura mater, tumor of blood (hematoma, translated literally, means blood tumor; however, a hematoma is a collection of blood resulting from a broken blood vessel)
- a noninvasive technique that produces sectional images of soft tissues of the brain or spine through a strong magnetic field. Unlike a CT scan, MRI produces images without use of radiation. It is used to visualize tumors, edema, multiple sclerosis, and herniated disks
- (any) disease of the mind
- cognitive impairment characterized by a loss of intellectual brain function. Patients have difficulty in various ways, including difficulty in performing complex tasks, reasoning, learning, and retaining new information, orientation, word finding, and behavior. Dementia has several causes and is not considered part of normal aging.
- protrusion of the meninges (through a defect in the skull of vertebral arch)
5 True/False questions
cerebral aneurysm → condition characterized by lack of muscle control and partial paralysis, caused by a brain defect or lesion present at birth or shortly after
attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) → a disorder characterized by an acute emotional response to a traumatic event perceived as life threatening or severe emotional stress such as an airplane crash, repeated physical or emotional trauma, or military combat. Symptoms incude anxiety, sleep disturbance, nightmares, difficulty concentrating, and depression.
ment/o, psych/o → mind
neurologist → resembling a nerve
evoked potential studies (EP studies) → clear, colorless fluid contained in the ventricles that flows through the subarachnoid space around the brain and spinal cord. It cushions the brain and spinal cord from shock, transports nutrients, and clears metabolic waste.