How can we help?
You can also find more resources in our
Select a category
Something is confusing
Something is broken
I have a suggestion
What is your email?
What is 1 + 3?
Tamagni SS Ch 4 Test
a series of rulers from the same family; the royal family
a kind of picture writing in which some pictures stand for ideas or things and other stand for sounds
1. life after death
Egyptians believed they would need their bodies (this is why they made mummies), their belongings, their pets, etc. in the afterlife
a waterfall or rapids on the Nile river
an Egyptian ruler or king
built to be tombs for Egyptian kings
used as paper by Egyptian scribes to record information
a shortage of food
Why was the Nile Delta a good place for farming?
it had very fertile soil that made it easy to grow crops
When upper and lower Egypt united, what did they call the new capital?
1. dams, dikes
2. irrigation, water
What did farmers invent to manage the floods and droughts of the Nile?
How did excellent farming lead to the growth of trading centers in Egypt?
1. good farming = surplus of grains (wheat/barley)
2. grain could be traded for copper and wood
3. people from other regions came to Egypt to make these trades
How are Hatshepsut/Amenhotep IV unusual rulers?
1. Hatshepsut = female pharaoh (most pharaohs were men)
2. Amenhotep IV = tried to change religious beliefs of Egypt; abandoned most of gods of Egypt and built temples to worship sun god (Aton)