Upgrade to remove ads
Topic One Review (Math)
Terms in this set (11)
To write a division expression as a multiplication, you multiply by the _____________of the divisor.
The number that is being divided.
The answer to a multiplication problem
A part of a whole; a broken piece of something that is no longer whole
Line up the decimal points, then add or subtract.
To complete this type of problem, you will:
1) set up the problem like you would for whole numbers; you do NOT line up the decimals
3) count the number of decimal places in the factors
4) the decimals places in the product should equal the decimal places in the factors combined.
Move the decimal the same number of the places in both the dividend and divisor until the divisor is a whole number. Next, divide using the normal algorithm. Finally, move the decimal directly up from the dividend into the quotient.
Multiply numerators and denominators.
When dividing fractions, don't ask why! Flip the second fraction and Multiply! (KCF)
Divide Mixed Numbers
Rename each mixed number as a fraction. Then don't ask why, flip and divide the second fraction and multiply!
1. Decide the steps to solve the problem.
2. Choose the correct operations.
3. What info you need from problem.
5. Check answer.
Other sets by this creator
Unit 7 Vocab Test
Unit 5 Vocab
Unit 3 Vocabulary
Microscope Guided Notes