Upgrade to remove ads
Chapter 1 quiz ( hour test)
Terms in this set (10)
1. Medicare Part B pays for:
durable medical equipment
hospital/facility care and durable medical equipment
physician services and durable medical equipment
2. Part B services are billed using:
RBRVS, GPCI, and RVUs
ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS
3. If a surgeon performs more than one procedure on the same patient on the same day, and discounts were made on all subsequent procedures, Medicare would pay what percentages for the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth procedures?
100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%
100%, 50%, 50%, 25%, 25%
100%, 50%, 50%, 50%, 25%
100%, 50%, 50%, 50%, 50%
5. Medicare sets the payment level for assistant surgeons at a percentage of the fee schedule amount for the ____ surgical service.
5. What edition of the Federal Register would outpatient facilities be especially interested in?
November or December
6. The physician fee schedule is updated each April 15 and is composed of:
a geographic adjustment factor to adjust for regional variations in the cost of operating a health care facility
the relative value units for each service
All of these
a national conversion factor
7. A major change took place in Medicare in ____ with the enactment of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act.
8. Who is the largest third-party payer in the nation?
Blue Cross Blue Shield
9. The incentive to Medicare participating providers is:
a 5% higher fee schedule
All of these
direct payment on all claims
10. The Medicare program was established in:
Other sets by this creator
electronic health records
General Psychology Exam 1
medical information management final
Art Appreciation final
Other Quizlet sets
Marketing 350-14 SB chapter 4
APUSH Chapter 35
Unit 4- Enzymology and Catalytic mechani…