5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- descent with modification
- Derived Character
- vestigal structures
- a remenants of structures that may have had important functions in an ancestoral species, but have no clear function in some of the modern descendants.
- b type of phylogenic tree that suggests ancestral relationships amoung species constructed from 2 way branch points.
- c process by which descendants of ancestoral organisms spread into various habitats and accumulate adaptations to diverse ways of life
- d formation of new species
- e homologous charachter that untitesorganisms into a group.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Condition in which a reproductive barrier keeps two species from interbreeding
- evolution from a common ancestor of many species adapted to diverse enviroments
- evolution on the smallest scale--> a generation-to-generation change in the frequencies of alleles within a population
- Branching diagram, suggesting evolutionary relationships
- the selective breeding of domesticated plants and animals to produce offspring with genetic traits that humans value
5 True/False questions
Analogous Structures → similarities amoung unrelated species that are result of convergent evolution.
Punctuated Equilibrium → the process by which individuals with inherited characteristics well-suited to the environment leave more offspring on average than do other animals..this causes the organisms to adapt to the developed environments around them
natural selection → the selective breeding of domesticated plants and animals to produce offspring with genetic traits that humans value
variation → formation of new species
Geographic Isolation → Condition in which a reproductive barrier keeps two species from interbreeding