5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- genetic drift
- Derived Character
- gene flow
- Phylogenetic Tree
- a change in gene pool of population due to chance
- b 2 part latin name for species
- c homologous charachter that untitesorganisms into a group.
- d exchange of genes between populations
- e Branching diagram, suggesting evolutionary relationships
5 Multiple choice questions
- differences among members of the same species.
- definition of species: one that can breed with one another and produce fertile offspring
- time it takes for 50% of a radioactive isotope to decay
- the selective breeding of domesticated plants and animals to produce offspring with genetic traits that humans value
- evolution on the smallest scale--> a generation-to-generation change in the frequencies of alleles within a population
5 True/False questions
Reproductive Isolation → Condition in which a reproductive barrier keeps two species from interbreeding
fossil record → chronological collection of lifes remains in sedimentary rock layers
homologous structures → similarities amoung unrelated species that are result of convergent evolution.
gene pool → consists of all the alleles in all the individuals that make up a population
Adaptive Radiation → differences among members of the same species.