5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- genetic drift
- Punctuated Equilibrium
- Derived Character
- a evotionarymodel in which speciesoften diverge in spurts of relitively rapid change, followed by long periods of little change.
- b change in gene pool of population due to chance
- c 2 part latin name for species
- d homologous charachter that untitesorganisms into a group.
- e differences among members of the same species.
5 Multiple choice questions
- process by which descendants of ancestoral organisms spread into various habitats and accumulate adaptations to diverse ways of life
- the selective breeding of domesticated plants and animals to produce offspring with genetic traits that humans value
- medicines that kill or slow the growth of bacteria
- consists of all the alleles in all the individuals that make up a population
- Identification of a species
5 True/False questions
Cladogram → Identification of a species
Biological Species Concept → definition of species: one that can breed with one another and produce fertile offspring
vestigal structures → remenants of structures that may have had important functions in an ancestoral species, but have no clear function in some of the modern descendants.
Convergent Evolution → evolution on the smallest scale--> a generation-to-generation change in the frequencies of alleles within a population
natural selection → the process by which individuals with inherited characteristics well-suited to the environment leave more offspring on average than do other animals..this causes the organisms to adapt to the developed environments around them