5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Biological Species Concept
- genetic drift
- Adaptive Radiation
- a definition of species: one that can breed with one another and produce fertile offspring
- b Identification of a species
- c Major biological changes
- d change in gene pool of population due to chance
- e evolution from a common ancestor of many species adapted to diverse enviroments
5 Multiple choice questions
- time it takes for 50% of a radioactive isotope to decay
- the selective breeding of domesticated plants and animals to produce offspring with genetic traits that humans value
- medicines that kill or slow the growth of bacteria
- differences among members of the same species.
- process in which unrelated species from simmilar enviroments have simillar adaptations
5 True/False questions
descent with modification → process by which descendants of ancestoral organisms spread into various habitats and accumulate adaptations to diverse ways of life
natural selection → the process by which individuals with inherited characteristics well-suited to the environment leave more offspring on average than do other animals..this causes the organisms to adapt to the developed environments around them
vestigal structures → similarities amoung unrelated species that are result of convergent evolution.
fossil record → contibution that an individual makes to the gene pool of the next generation
Cladogram → type of phylogenic tree that suggests ancestral relationships amoung species constructed from 2 way branch points.