5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Adaptive Radiation
- descent with modification
- a type of phylogenic tree that suggests ancestral relationships amoung species constructed from 2 way branch points.
- b Identification of a species
- c Major biological changes
- d process by which descendants of ancestoral organisms spread into various habitats and accumulate adaptations to diverse ways of life
- e evolution from a common ancestor of many species adapted to diverse enviroments
5 Multiple choice questions
- homologous charachter that untitesorganisms into a group.
- time it takes for 50% of a radioactive isotope to decay
- evotionarymodel in which speciesoften diverge in spurts of relitively rapid change, followed by long periods of little change.
- evolution on the smallest scale--> a generation-to-generation change in the frequencies of alleles within a population
- contibution that an individual makes to the gene pool of the next generation
5 True/False questions
antibiotics → differences among members of the same species.
Phylogenetic Tree → Branching diagram, suggesting evolutionary relationships
variation → differences among members of the same species.
natural selection → the selective breeding of domesticated plants and animals to produce offspring with genetic traits that humans value
artificial selection → the selective breeding of domesticated plants and animals to produce offspring with genetic traits that humans value