5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Biological Species Concept
- fossil record
- a chronological collection of lifes remains in sedimentary rock layers
- b type of phylogenic tree that suggests ancestral relationships amoung species constructed from 2 way branch points.
- c definition of species: one that can breed with one another and produce fertile offspring
- d Identification of a species
- e time it takes for 50% of a radioactive isotope to decay
5 Multiple choice questions
- formation of new species
- similarities amoung unrelated species that are result of convergent evolution.
- Condition in which a reproductive barrier keeps two species from interbreeding
- Earths history diviedinto 3 periods
- Separation of populationsas a result of geographic change or migration to geographically isolated places
5 True/False questions
Convergent Evolution → process in which unrelated species from simmilar enviroments have simillar adaptations
antibiotics → medicines that kill or slow the growth of bacteria
homologous structures → similarities amoung unrelated species that are result of convergent evolution.
Binomial → 2 part latin name for species
Derived Character → change in gene pool of population due to chance