5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- fossil record
- Geographic Isolation
- a medicines that kill or slow the growth of bacteria
- b differences among members of the same species.
- c Separation of populationsas a result of geographic change or migration to geographically isolated places
- d chronological collection of lifes remains in sedimentary rock layers
- e contibution that an individual makes to the gene pool of the next generation
5 Multiple choice questions
- evotionarymodel in which speciesoften diverge in spurts of relitively rapid change, followed by long periods of little change.
- type of phylogenic tree that suggests ancestral relationships amoung species constructed from 2 way branch points.
- Branching diagram, suggesting evolutionary relationships
- formation of new species
- homologous charachter that untitesorganisms into a group.
5 True/False questions
Binomial → Identification of a species
genetic drift → change in gene pool of population due to chance
microevolution → Major biological changes
Geologic Time Scale → Earths history diviedinto 3 periods
Convergent Evolution → evolution on the smallest scale--> a generation-to-generation change in the frequencies of alleles within a population