5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 15) Visceral Pericardium
- Fibrous rings
- Right and left bundle branches
- Anterior interventricular artery
- a ( epicardium) the part covering the heart surface.
- b (left anterior descending artery), extends inferiorly in the anterior interventricular sulcus and supplies blood to most of the anterior part of the heart.
- c Which extend beneath the endocardium on each side of the interventricular septum to the apex of both the right and left ventricles.
- d is an inflammation of the serous pericardium.
- e is formed by the heart skeleton, which surround the atrioventricular and semilunar valves and provides solid support for them, reinforcing the valve openings.
5 Multiple choice questions
- branches from the pulmonary trunk, which carry blood to the lungs, where carbon dioxide is released and oxygen is picked up.
- is the number of times the heart beats (contracts) per minute.
- Short trunk that receives most of the veins of the heart and empties into the right atrium.
- is a potentially fatal condition in which a large volume of fluid or blood accumulates in the pericardial cavity and compresses the heart from the outside.
- which project to the heart as cardiac nerves.
5 True/False questions
Papillary muscles → runs obliquely around the heart, separating the atria from the ventricles.
Vagus nerves → which is the result of action potentials that cause depolarization of the atrial myocardium, signals onset of atrial contraction. First complex of the electrocardiogram representing depolarization of the atria.
Myocardial infarction → results when a prolonged lack of blood flow to a part of the cardiac muscle leads to a lack of oxygen and ultimately cellular death.
Angina Pectoris → Slows and strengthens contractions of the heart muscle by increasing the amount of Ca2+ that enters cardiac muscle cells and by prolonging the action potentials' refractory period.
Intrinsic regulation → delivers oxygen and nutrients to all the remaining tissues of the body. Carries blood to the rest of the body.