5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- guanine (G)
- inorganic molecule
- ADP (adenosine diphosphate)
- a a 6 carbon sugar
- b neuclotide. consists of the pyrophosphate group, the pentose sugar ribose, and the nucleobase adenine.
is the product of ATP dephosphorylation by ATPases. is converted back to ATP by ATP synthases. ATP is an important energy transfer molecule in cells.
- c constitute nonliving matter
- d a type of base in DNA. must be paired with adenine
- e a type of base. Has to be paired with Guanine
5 Multiple choice questions
- ionic compounds are held together by an attraction between between negatively and positively charged ions called an ionic bond
- contain a phosphate group. costructed like fats except that in place of the third fatty acid, there is a polar phosphate group or a grouping that contains both phosphate and nitrogen
- formed when two or more atoms bond together
- the sum of protons and neutrons in an atom
- when the sharing of electrons between 2 atoms is fairly equal
5 True/False questions
emulsification → a substance that causes fats to mix with water.
hydrogen bond → Polarity within a water molecule causes thy Hydrogen atoms in one molecule to be attracted to the oxygen atoms in other molecules
enzyme → 5 carbon sugar
neutrons → subatomic particles that are negativly charged
starch → ready storage forms of glucose in plants