5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- hydrolysis reaction
- a atoms of the same element that differ in the number of neutrons. have the same number of protons byt have different atomic mass
- b components of water are added to degrade polymers
- c substances that either take up hydrogen ions(H+) or release hydroxide ions (OH-)
- d nonionized and nonpolar molecules that cannot attract water
- e is a large molecule (macromolecule) composed of repeating structural units.
5 Multiple choice questions
- type of base in DNA paired with adenine
- when atoms of two or more elements bond together
- the number of protons in the nucleus
- a single chain of amino acids
- neuclotide. consists of the pyrophosphate group, the pentose sugar ribose, and the nucleobase adenine.
is the product of ATP dephosphorylation by ATPases. is converted back to ATP by ATP synthases. ATP is an important energy transfer molecule in cells.
5 True/False questions
ion → of plant origin and are liquid at room temperature
atomic mass → the sum of protons and neutrons in an atom
nucleotide → a molecular complex of three types of subunit molecules
oil → substances that release hydrogen ions (H+)^2 when they dissociate in water
emulsification → subatomic particle with a negative charge