5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a an area put under control of another country.
- b an area where plants and animals are suited to each other
- c a desert in south central Africa
- d a desert in SW Africa - called the "driest place on earth"
- e level area of land higher than surrounding land
5 Multiple choice questions
- washing away of nutrients from soil
- A large split in Earth's crust, where earthquakes and volcanoes happen
- to give variety to something; such as jobs, industry, or crops
- stripping the land of trees for farming
- a country entirely surrounded by land and cut off from the sea.
5 True/False questions
river basin → a valley formed by the draining of a river.
desertification → growth of a desert region
independence → a person who flees a country to escape violence, war and famine
cataract → a desert in south central Africa
Sub-Sahara → a desert in south central Africa