5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- river basin
- a stripping the land of trees for farming
- b taking over a country by military or political power
- c a valley formed by the draining of a river.
- d a country entirely surrounded by land and cut off from the sea.
- e washing away of nutrients from soil
5 Multiple choice questions
- an area where plants and animals are suited to each other
- the area below the Sahara desert. Lower 2/3 of Africa.
- countries trying to improve their economies
- level area of land higher than surrounding land
- A large split in Earth's crust, where earthquakes and volcanoes happen
5 True/False questions
colonization → to move from one place to another
migration → stripping the land of trees for farming
cataract → a desert in south central Africa
Namib → a desert in SW Africa - called the "driest place on earth"
refugee → a person who flees a country to escape violence, war and famine