5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- developing countries
- river basin
- a countries trying to improve their economies
- b a valley formed by the draining of a river.
- c a country entirely surrounded by land and cut off from the sea.
- d the area below the Sahara desert. Lower 2/3 of Africa.
- e stripping the land of trees for farming
5 Multiple choice questions
- an area put under control of another country.
- a desert in south central Africa
- level area of land higher than surrounding land
- to move from one place to another
- washing away of nutrients from soil
5 True/False questions
cataract → a desert in south central Africa
biome → semi-arid land between desert and rainforest
Sahel → a desert in SW Africa - called the "driest place on earth"
independence → a person who flees a country to escape violence, war and famine
Rift Valley → A large split in Earth's crust, where earthquakes and volcanoes happen