5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Rift Valley
- a a country entirely surrounded by land and cut off from the sea.
- b the area below the Sahara desert. Lower 2/3 of Africa.
- c washing away of nutrients from soil
- d growth of a desert region
- e A large split in Earth's crust, where earthquakes and volcanoes happen
5 Multiple choice questions
- a person who flees a country to escape violence, war and famine
- an area where plants and animals are suited to each other
- a desert in SW Africa - called the "driest place on earth"
- level area of land higher than surrounding land
- to move from one place to another
5 True/False questions
cataract → a large, steep waterfall
river basin → a valley formed by the draining of a river.
Sahel → a desert in SW Africa - called the "driest place on earth"
diversify → a valley formed by the draining of a river.
Kalahari → a desert in south central Africa