5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a stripping the land of trees for farming
- b to give variety to something; such as jobs, industry, or crops
- c to move from one place to another
- d a desert in SW Africa - called the "driest place on earth"
- e washing away of nutrients from soil
5 Multiple choice questions
- a desert in south central Africa
- taking over a country by military or political power
- an area put under control of another country.
- level area of land higher than surrounding land
- a country entirely surrounded by land and cut off from the sea.
5 True/False questions
desertification → stripping the land of trees for farming
Sahel → semi-arid land between desert and rainforest
river basin → a valley formed by the draining of a river.
biome → an area where plants and animals are suited to each other
Sub-Sahara → a desert in south central Africa