5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a to move from one place to another
- b a desert in SW Africa - called the "driest place on earth"
- c a person who flees a country to escape violence, war and famine
- d growth of a desert region
- e a country that governs and is in control of itself. "Freedom"
5 Multiple choice questions
- stripping the land of trees for farming
- the area below the Sahara desert. Lower 2/3 of Africa.
- a valley formed by the draining of a river.
- semi-arid land between desert and rainforest
- countries trying to improve their economies
5 True/False questions
imperialism → to move from one place to another
plateau → level area of land higher than surrounding land
Rift Valley → A large split in Earth's crust, where earthquakes and volcanoes happen
leaching → washing away of nutrients from soil
land-locked → a large, steep waterfall