5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a to give variety to something; such as jobs, industry, or crops
- b a country entirely surrounded by land and cut off from the sea.
- c a desert in SW Africa - called the "driest place on earth"
- d semi-arid land between desert and rainforest
- e a large, steep waterfall
5 Multiple choice questions
- level area of land higher than surrounding land
- an area where plants and animals are suited to each other
- taking over a country by military or political power
- to move from one place to another
- growth of a desert region
5 True/False questions
Sub-Sahara → the area below the Sahara desert. Lower 2/3 of Africa.
independence → a person who flees a country to escape violence, war and famine
Rift Valley → A large split in Earth's crust, where earthquakes and volcanoes happen
developing countries → growth of a desert region
refugee → an area where plants and animals are suited to each other